Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

I'm inserting my first NuvaRing tomorrow...

Wish me luck! ha :) Any tips/advice? I heard one Bumpie say to use a tampon applicator. I may have to give that a try.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'm inserting my first NuvaRing tomorrow...

• Options
    After sex, check that it's still in place. When I used NuvaRing, it fell out several times and I have to put it back in. Once I didn't notice until the next morning and it made me paranoid. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I just fold it, put it in, and push it in further with my pointer finger and I've never had one come out.  I've heard a tampon applicator works well too though.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMomlovesEloise:
    After sex, check that it's still in place. When I used NuvaRing, it fell out several times and I have to put it back in. Once I didn't notice until the next morning and it made me paranoid. 

Noted. :) Yeah, the whole reason I'm switching is because of missed pills. I'm hoping this will work better with my "mommy brain." Embarrassed

• Options

You don't need to use a tampon applicator. The nuvaring is very pliable by design but you would insert it the same way you would a tampon. Put one foot on the side of the bathtub and squeeze the nuvaring together where it forms an '8'. Push it inside and get it as close to the cervix as possible. When it's inside it will form back to an 'O'. You should not feel it at all once it's inserted.

I was on it for years and never had an issue. When I got off the nuvaring it took me 2 months to get pregnant with my first daughter. I hope this helps.

• Options
    I love my ring...I put it in and take it out in the shower each month.  No applicator needed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nuvaring was my favorite method of birthcontrol.  it can be a little tricky keeping it bent and inserting it at first but by the the second or third month you will be a pro.  good luck ; )
    TTC #2 Since October 2012
    BFP 11.1.12/EDD 7.7.13 MMC 12.4.12 D&E 12.10.12
    BFP 3.25.13/EDD 11.29.13 MC 4.6.13
    BFP 8.20.13 early MC 8.24.13
    BFP 9.20.13/EDD 6.5.14 Hoping & Praying this is our Rainbow Baby

• Options
    I love love my ring. I put it in while laying down on the bed on my back. I have never needed an applicator.
  • Options

I agree that it is easy to insert.  It made my periods very light to non-existant.  I was on it for about 5 years.  I had my tubes tied when I delivered LO this time.

But be warned -  I did get pregnant while on it and did not know until I was 22 weeks along because I was used to skipping periods while using it so I did not think anything of it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCaniacMom:

I agree that it is easy to insert.  It made my periods very light to non-existant.  I was on it for about 5 years.  I had my tubes tied when I delivered LO this time.

But be warned -  I did get pregnant while on it and did not know until I was 22 weeks along because I was used to skipping periods while using it so I did not think anything of it.

Yikes!!! Haha.. did it come out or anything, or did you get pregnant while using it perfectly?

Thanks for all the words of wisdom, ladies!

• Options
    I was on the ring for 6 years and LOVED it!  Never had a preg scare either.  I just inserted it in a figure 8 and it pretty much always stayed put.  I never skipped periods either.  Good luck!
  • Options
    This reply has been edited by a moderatorto remove the redirecting hyperlink spam
    PLEASE STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"