Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Anyone own a learning system for their preschooler?

DD is turning 4 next month (and we have some long trips coming up) and we're thinking of getting her one. I'm debating between Leapster Explorer and Vtech Mobigo. Anyone have experience with these systems? I've read all the reviews on toysrus, target, and amazon, etc but looking for some from you helpful moms too! Also, specifically, wondering how much I can expect to spend getting games and books to keep it interesting for her. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone own a learning system for their preschooler?

• Options

We got the Mobigo based on advice from other parents and my son loves it. He really didn't have any experience with electronics or video games before the Mobi, but he picked up on it right away. The Mobi comes with a cartridge that includes several games and honestly, he would be happy with just that cartridge even if he hadn't received additional games for his birthday. I believe you can also download additional games for free off their website, but we haven't done that yet.

This question tends to get asked every week or two, so if you scroll through past posts, you can read lots of different answers. Happy Shopping.

Hawaii
  • Options
    We are getting DS1 the Leapster Explorer, only because he had the L-Max and loved playing with it.  My Sister got the Leapster for her son, which is why I got it.  It's the best IMO.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Mobigo-love it!    DS figured it out right away.  It kept him occupied on two plane trips.  It seems to have a great battery life, and it's pretty sturdy.  We bought the package from Toys R Us that included the carrying case, which has been very useful, as it has been dropped a few times. 
  • Options
    imagesmilejenn:

We got the Mobigo based on advice from other parents and my son loves it. He really didn't have any experience with electronics or video games before the Mobi, but he picked up on it right away. The Mobi comes with a cartridge that includes several games and honestly, he would be happy with just that cartridge even if he hadn't received additional games for his birthday. I believe you can also download additional games for free off their website, but we haven't done that yet.

This question tends to get asked every week or two, so if you scroll through past posts, you can read lots of different answers. Happy Shopping.

Thanks! Yeah, I did read the last few posts about them but they didn't *quite* get to what I was looking for so wanted to post for more responses. I ended up ordering the Mobigo and am so excited - I hope she likes it! We hardly ever buy new toys and I was finding a lot of our stuff is too babyish for her, so hopefully this gives her the stimulation she needs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"