Pre-School and Daycare

Halloween decorations

When do you plan on starting to put out Halloween stuff?

I see so much of it at stores already!  And we have SO much we bought on clearance last year.  I think last year DD was so excited, we put stuff out October 1.  The regular/general "fall" themed stuff, maybe a little earlier (mid Sept).  Just wondering what your plans are.

The trees are already changing colors/losing leaves here :(  (Upstate NY)

Re: Halloween decorations

• I probably won't put out Halloween items until Oct. 1st.  Fall stuff may go out before then, depends on if it's still warm out or not.  I feel weird putting fall stuff out when it's still warm out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I would say October 1st.

I am probably the only crazy mom that already bought DS's costume at the beginning of August this year!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If I waited for it to cool off and seem like fall, we wouldn't get anything out until Christmas! I will probably shoot for mid-October for Halloween stuff.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My best friend has something called a Halloween Extravaganza.  October 1st she has this huge party (here is a link to her blog if you are curious: https://involuntarysmiles.blogspot.com/2010/10/annual-october-extravaganza.html)

We don't live near each other so she convinced me to do the same.  So since I'm having probably 30 or 40 people at my house on October 1st I will probably start decorating the last week or so of September.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • I agree - prob Oct 1st. I am very excited for Halloween this year for some odd reason...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Halloween specific? No more than a week beforehand. So tacky to have it out weeks in advance, IMO. I will decorate for Fall in late September.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"