August 2011 Moms

WHEN... semi rant

I am officially 4 days away from my due date, at my last appointment on the 16th I was 60% effaced and 1.5 cm dilated... My dr decided it was time to sweep the membranes.. friggin OUCH... she told me it can happen at any time now and to be prepared... I am really getting nervous about laboring... and I am terrified that I wont know when it is real. Every web site, family or friend says , you will know... and you are told all of the "ways" to know... Frankly... I have thought I was in labor 3+ times now because it felt like everyone and everything said it was going to feel like. Yet not in labor. Starting to feel like it may never come! I just want to meet my little man!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: WHEN... semi rant

• Hang in there, I'm right there with you. I keep thinking will I know when it starts if my water doesn't break first???

By the way, my OB told me that sweeping the membranes only works 20-25% of the time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel like I nearly wrote this myself.  I am about your due date too.  We're so close.  My LO has a sense of humor I guess because he keeps messing with me.  I try not to get to into the progress signs because you could be nothing at all and start labor or you could have so much progress and then hold out for weeks.  BUT it is hard not to pay attention to every thing because like you said how do you know when it is time if you aren't paying attention.  36 weeks: 1cm/50%/-1 and lost mucous plug, 37 weeks 2cm/70%/0, 38 weeks nothing changed, 39 weeks: 3cm/80%/0 and stripped membranes, bloody show, contractions that are just not organized, puking, etc.  So many signs that he wants to just come out and yet I AM STILL PREGNANT!  Why oh why won't he just come out and stop teasing me (and several other people)?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, waiting for the baby is like waiting for an earthquake.  Pretty much impossible to predict!  Hang in there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"