Boston Babies
Options

Is Martha's Vineyard baby friendly?

I have a 3 month old baby girl and our friends are planning a day trip to the Vineyard later this month and they think bringing our baby is doable. Anyone been there think it's ok? Keep in mind we are from Boston so all her gear (stroller & carrier), formula, and plus the driving/traffic, ferry and the sight seeing at MV, will this be too much for her?

Re: Is Martha's Vineyard baby friendly?

• Options
    I haven't been there with a baby, but I thought MV seemed really family-friendly in general. I agree that the driving from Boston and the ferry will be the most challenging, because that is the most challenging part of going to MV with or without a baby! You may just want to check out one of the towns, instead of going to all of them. Edgartown is really pretty, with lots of shops and lots of ice cream parlors and cafes where you can sit down. 
  • Options

When my DD was about 3 months old, we took a week long trip to Martha's Vineyard, which worked out quite well.  She did fine on the drive and on the Ferry.  Since we were going for a whole week, we paid to bring our car over on the Ferry, so we didn't have to worry too much about transporting all the gear.

Does your DD like to be worn in a carrier (like a bjorn, ergo, etc.)?  For most of our sightseeing, either DH or I wore DD in the bjorn, and she slept a lot of the time.  This might also be easier than trying to bring the stroller and infant carrier on the Ferry.

Hope this helps!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If your worried about the drive then getting on they ferry, I would suggest staying on the Cape the night prior to catching the ferry. There are plenty of places to stay right around there that are reasonably priced.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"