April 2011 Moms
Options

Question for Drop Ins Users

Probably a dumb question, but.. I'm still going to ask Stick out tongue 

Can you only really fit more than 6 oz of formula into a drop in liner if you're using the expandable 10 oz liners (rather than the non-expandable 8 oz liners)? I always put the formula in first, then measure out the water and pour that into the liner to mix and I can only seem to fit 6 oz of water in that way. It fills the bottle up to the brim.

Help please? This will probably be a post and run but I will check back in the morning. TIA!   

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

Re: Question for Drop Ins Users

• Options
    We use the target brand liners but I don't get more than 6 oz. of water/formula/cereal in it. I measure my water in a measuring cup and pour it into the lined bottle. Did you notice the measurements on the playtex bottles are WAY off??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSweet Sadie Mae:
    We use the target brand liners but I don't get more than 6 oz. of water/formula/cereal in it. I measure my water in a measuring cup and pour it into the lined bottle. Did you notice the measurements on the playtex bottles are WAY off??

I actually generally use the Target brand liners too, but I can't for the life of me fit more than 6 oz into those or the brand name liners. I know the Playtex bottles have different measurements listed on them (one for the expandable liners and one for the non-expandable liners), but as you said, the measurements on the bottle seem off regardless of which ones you're looking at. Honestly, I don't even pay any attention to those since I measure the water and formula seperately. I am just so confused as to how in the world you're supposed to get more than 6 oz. in those suckers unless you use expandable liners (which I don't think Target makes)??

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have to get the playtex expandable liners for more than 6oz to fit.  I just watch for sales and stock up.

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Options
    If you use the Target brand, this is true. If you use the Playtex brand, you can get more in and they line up with the bottles.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"