Maine Babies
Options

Taking the drug

I am going to start the Reglan tonight (milk production drug). I am very nervous about it. I spoke to the LC, pedi, and my OB today. Everyone seems to think it will be okay. I am very worried about the possible depression even though I have never had any issues with depression before. I have what I would consider normal tears sheding when DH and I are alone. I think I am just tired and overwhelmed.

I want to BF him, but it is so hard just to be a new Mom. It is too easy to say, "well, my milk didn't come in so I can't BF."  I was dead set in BF him. We both have allergies and I spent all kinds of money on the PIS and everything I would need. Who would have thought I would have no milk? I have big boobs and leaked during my PG. One side of me wants to FF him and enjoy our time, not take a drug and hope everything is okay. I don't know. Thanks for listening.

Re: Taking the drug

• Options
    Do what is best for your family and your sanity.  I spent much of my time the first week freaking out about BFing - had a home health nurse in my home and everything.  Not to mention the 2nd degree burn I gave myself (on my boob) trying to get my milk to let down.  After all of that she lost so much weight the ped. was concerned.  We started FFing and she began to gain and I began to get more sane.  I was dead set against FFing all through my PG but it turned out best for our family.  Give it some more time if it means that much to you but know that if you choose to FF - that is okay too!
  • Options
    You may also want to consider supplementing until your supply is adequate.  That's what I had to do & I was crushed at first & felt like a total failure, but she was so much happier with a full belly.  And every time she took a bottle of formula I would pump so that my body knew it should be feeding my baby.  After about a month, we were formula free & now she'll happily take a paci, my breast, or a bottle w/breastmilk in it.  Don't give up & just realize the most important thing is that your baby gets the nourishment, whether its from you or formula.  Hang in there.  I swear it gets better.  {HUGS}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"