April 2011 Moms
Options

What's your milk supply like in the evening/bedtime?

Just wondering if others have way less milk at baby's bedtime. 

I feel like I'm trying to feed him all day (but he's distracted) and then at bedtime my supply is way lower, but he wants to eat.  I usually do twice on each side for that bedtime feeding and it takes forever on the best of nights. 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What's your milk supply like in the evening/bedtime?

• Options
    I've been in the same boat these days.  I've been feeding on each side (I switch sides when she becomes irritated with me for not having enough) and when i'm out I end up giving her a bottle to supplement.  She finally seems to get enough after nursing for about 30 minutes and then a 5 oz bottle. I've never had a great supply though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My supply tanks bigtime at night. I work, so between my morning and two pumping sessions during the day, I can easily pump 20-25 oz within those three sessions. But when I get home from work, usually DS will nurse twice in the early evening and then DH will feed him a bottle before bed. When he gets that last bottle, I pump, and I am lucky to get 4 oz. It's such a change from how much I can get during the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My supply seems OK at night.  I pump at 4:30 or 5, and get home at 7:30.  I nurse right away and DD goes to sleep after eating.  I pump a couple of hours later.  I usually only get 2-3 oz that last pump but I think it helps keep my supply up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm a bit neurotic about my supply, and am absolutely determined to breastfeed.  That said, I would switch nurse (left, right, left or right, left, right).  Give the baby a bottle any time LO is still hungry like PP said, but the key is to pump while the baby gets the bottle so that your supply stays up.  I find that pumping can impact my supply in two days.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"