Ohio Babies

Chilicothe mommies?

Doc FabulousDoc Fabulous member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies
Hello everyone! I'm first-time preggers and live in Chillicothe. Of course, there are no boards specific to Chillicothe, so I'll frequent the Columbus group. Just wondering if anyone on this board has experience with Adena Hospital in Chillicothe?? I'm interested in a natural birth process and would appreciate any pointers on how to broach this with an admittedly rural hospital. Thanks!!Big Smile
Pregnancy Ticker "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin

Re: Chilicothe mommies?

• My mother had her baby there in December- from what I saw/got from her, it was nice. The suits are laid out kind of weird (maybe it was just her's/a couple though) but roomy. They just remodeled the maternity ward so it's all up to date and has lots of new toys in the rooms :) If I remember correctly, the maternity ward is on the first floor, which was weird to me, but they have really high security- you don't just page in and give the nurse your name over the intercom like at my city hospital, you have to actually show them an ID and meet the nurses at the front of the ward before they unlock the door to let you in.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I'm in Chillicothe! I'll be delivering at Adena in a week or so. I took a tour of the new facility and it looks really nice. The delivery rooms are huge and the baby remains with the mother aside from about an hour when the baby is checked over and the mother moves to the post-partum room. I didn't get to see a post-partum room, but have heard that they're fantastic. I will vouch for the security though-- we had to wait to be buzzed in and picked up by a nurse who gave us the tour. It seems like it'll be a pretty good experience and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

As far as the natural birth process goes, my doctor hasn't pushed any interventions on me, but we did discuss the possibility of scheduling an induction if the baby isn't here by July 2nd, which is when I'll be 41 weeks. I'm open to that despite my wishes for a fairly intervention free birth experience. I'm going into it with an open mind-- I'm going to do all I can to resist getting an epidural. Assuming I go into spontaneous labor, I'll labor at home as long as I can. I figure that if I'm at home, I won't have access to it so I'll be able to stand my ground. We live about 8 minutes from the hospital so I'm confident we'll make it in time Smile However, I'm Group B Strep positive so if my water breaks, I'll have to go to the hospital immediately so I can get started on IV antibiotics. I'll definitely know more after I deliver and will be more than happy to update you with my experience. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

BabyName Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I've been going to Adena OBGYN for several years now.  I'm also a nurse and did some of my clinical hours on that floor as well.  I see Dr. Lopez and have always had a great experience there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"