April 2011 Moms

BF'ing Question

If you are EBF, how much protein are you consuming in a day? I was told that I should be getting 100 grams and that just is crazy for me.  I'm a vegetarian and I'm luck if I get half that in a day.  Now I'm concerned that LO is going to be missing something important as a result of my lack of protein.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BF'ing Question

• Pre baby, when I was on a major diet kick, a trainer friend told me protein could be equal to your weight as long as you were working out/burning calories, but that it didn't have to be that high.

• I have been really bad with eating a healthy diet post partum. I don't keep track of my protein intake. But I thought (just as in pregnancy) that you baby will get all the nutrients they need in the BM, at your bodies expense. So you may be protein deficient, but your LO should get what they need.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I aim for eighty. FWIW, my midwife told me 75-100, and I know I have friends who were told only 65. You might be getting more than you think also. Fruits, veggies and grains all have at least trace amounts of protein, and whole grains have a lot. It all adds up.
  • I haven't been told anything so I have no clue? LO is healthy and growing so I can only assume she's okay and getting what she needs. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did 100 while pregnant but I didn't realize I was supposed to keep it up.  I have no idea what I get.  DD is quite a chunk so I think we are OK as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I consume no cows milk products.  So that means Olivia gets none as well.  My pedi who is also my doctor has said noting about it.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Posts like this make me feel like the worst BF'er in the world. 
    It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"