Infertility

You know you're an infertile when...

you cry hysterical in a dressing room because you refuse to go up another size because of all the weight you have gained.

In the past two years, I have gained about 20 pounds.  10 of it was in the last five months.   I have jumped up two sizes since last fall and now another one tonight. I just don't know how I let myself get like this.   I am pertrified to go a work cookout this weekend this heavy and get some "oh you're pregnant" comments.   

What is your "you know you're an infertile when" moment?

TTC since Jan. 2010 DX Unexplained infertility
3 IUI's w/Clomid & Ovidrel=all BFNs
3 IVF (2 Fresh, 1 frozen) =BFN
Jan 2012 New RE & Fresh Cycle =BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 October 2014
Meet with RE March 2015
2 Frozen & 1 Fresh IVF= BFNs
September 2015 Frozen ET=BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: You know you're an infertile when...

• When I walk around Target cursing anyone with a baby or that is pregnant.  And especially if they have a few children (I swear one week all I saw was families with 4 or 5 kids when I was at Trader Joe's).  The ugly green monster is a frequent visitor for me.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This weekend I went to a wedding and cried through the whole thing.  I cried when the bride walked down the aisle, I cried during the vows, I cried during the speeches.  During the speeches was embarrassing because I was crying so much that I was using my dinner napkin to wipe my eyes.  Way too many infertility drugs...
  • Loading the player...
  • When you have to go to BabiesRUs for a gate for you dogs and when you get out of there you want to cry your eyes out because it hit's you, you may NEVER walk in there for your own child. 

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• ...when you want to ram your car in to the expecting mothers parking sign at the grocery store.  I actually wanted to do this today!
    Me: 27, DH: 28 TTC since 11/09
    2/10 & 3/10 Clomid 50mg-BFN
    5/10-Lap Surgery for Stage 2 Endo
    3/11-IUI#1 with Follistim and Menopur-developed mild OHSS= BFN
    6/11-IUI#2 with Follistim -developed moderate OHSS= BFN!
    7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
    9/11-ttc naturally with positive thoughts :)
    10/6/11-POSITIVE pregnancy test!!! 15dpo BETA-220
    6/14/2012- Riley Harper arrived!! We love our little girl
    <a href="http://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/exploshidad/?action=view
  • imageMAbride0808:

you cry hysterical in a dressing room because you refuse to go up another size because of all the weight you have gained.

In the past two years, I have gained about 20 pounds.  10 of it was in the last five months.   I have jumped up two sizes since last fall and now another one tonight. I just don't know how I let myself get like this.   I am pertrified to go a work cookout this weekend this heavy and get some "oh you're pregnant" comments.   

What is your "you know you're an infertile when" moment?

I am right there with you. I gained 30lbs since my wedding last June. It's so hard because I stopped working out and am an emotional eater. Trying to get myself back together now.

My infertile moment was when I freaked out at friends(2 couples) who were discussing whether their husbands should get vasectomies bc they are so fertile right in front of me (they were well aware I was about to do IVF). Really, people?

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• imagemadhatterxo:
    ...when you want to ram your car in to the expecting mothers parking sign at the grocery store.  I actually wanted to do this today!

Oh I hate this too!!  I swear I will see a parking space and then see the d@mn sign and I either get pissed off or feel really, really sad.  Not that I begrudge those spaces existing, I just feel like it will never be me that gets to park there. 

• imagemadhatterxo:
    ...when you want to ram your car in to the expecting mothers parking sign at the grocery store.  I actually wanted to do this today!

This totally cracked me up!! I will think of this whenever I see that sign now :-)

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• imageMrs.McIrish:

imagemadhatterxo:

This totally cracked me up!! I will think of this whenever I see that sign now :-)

Lol!  Secretly, I park in those spots all the time, just because!  Isn't that terrible?

7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
  • You want to hide in your house, because someone at a family party always says something offensive and stupid.. Even though they know about my IF and IVF cycles.

So that has made me hateful and I don't want to say something I will regret later. So I just don't go to family gatherings lately.

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

• imagemadhatterxo:
    imageMrs.McIrish:

imagemadhatterxo:

Lol!  Secretly, I park in those spots all the time, just because!  Isn't that terrible?

What are they going to do, make you pee on a stick to prove it? I might pass it if I have a trigger shot in my system!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• imageMrs.McIrish:

imagemadhatterxo:

Me too!! And it will make me giggle!!!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

• imageMrs.McIrish:
    imagemadhatterxo:
    imageMrs.McIrish:

imagemadhatterxo:

What are they going to do, make you pee on a stick to prove it? I might pass it if I have a trigger shot in my system!

LOL! I have thought about it too! Like. Really? How are you going to say I am NOT? 

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• I know exactly what you mean. Last year this time I was in the best shape of my life...this year 15 lbs heavier...10 in the last few months. I hate the weight that IF and the meds bring on.  
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

• you see a commercial for downy snuggle and only see a clip of one toddler hand resting on top of a smaller siblings napping body and think to yourself two things, one, that you will probably never get to see that in your own life. and two, that you should buy some downy snuggle... just in case... 
  • We are not yet pursuing adoption, but every time I go to a mall or am at a Target etc and I see a girl who looks a little too young with an infant or pregnant, I'm tempted to step in and offer to adopt her child. I never act on it, but it seriously crosses my mind and I know that makes me crazy...I need to be a mom soon!
    Me: 37 DH: 43 Married 9/2004 TTC since 9/2005 CP Dec 2006 MC June 2008 at 6 weeks MC April 2010 at 9 weeks 50 clomid+IUI 11/2010=BFN 50 clomid+IUI 12/2010=BFP MC Feb 2011 at 7 weeks 8/11 CD3 AFC=24,FSH=6.91,AMH=5.6,E2=47.9, TSH=1.27,8/26 12DPO BFP Alistair Charles "Charlie" was born 5/7 weighing 8lbs, 10oz and 22" was long imageimageimageimage
  • imageUOduckBride2be:
    We are not yet pursuing adoption, but every time I go to a mall or am at a Target etc and I see a girl who looks a little too young with an infant or pregnant, I'm tempted to step in and offer to adopt her child. I never act on it, but it seriously crossesmy mind and I know thatmakes me crazy...I need to be a mom soon!

i do that too... i know a seventeen year old who doesnt have a diploma, a job, a place of her own etc and she got pregnant on purpose... ypu have no idea how much i wanted to say it to her and every other fourteen to seventeen year old girl who has gotten pregnant with no concept of what it really means to be a mother... ugh green is really not my shade is it....

• imagemadhatterxo:
    imageMrs.McIrish:

imagemadhatterxo:

I park in them after transfer without even a shred of remorse. Pregnant until proven otherwise. It's a perk!

Friends for 15 years. Married 8. TTC since January 2009
    2010 Diagnosis: Anovulation and Severe MFI
    2011 Treatment:
    IVF w/ICSI #1 Antagonist: 2 blasts - c/p - BFN 04.22
    FET #1: 1 blast/1 early blast - BFP 06.22 - m/c 06.30 @6w0d
    07-11 RPL: MTHFR C677T Heterozygous & Slightly elevated ACLA IgM
    FET #2: 1 morula - BFN: 9.02

January '12: IVF #2
    Started BCP and Metformin (New!) 12-14 for stimming in January

Dum spiro, spero.
    ?SAIF/PAIF/PgAL/PAL always welcome?
  • When you cry hysterically if anything baby related is mentioned. We just had a family reunion last weekend and I can't even count how many of my YOUNGER cousins is pregnant or already has kids. The fam keeps asking me when I will have one... My mother was good though, she would drag me out of those conversations or change subject.

And I hear you about weight gain! I gained a good 15 lbs after finding out about our MFI. I lost it (and then some) but once we started IUIs and getting BFNs, I am slowly but surely getting it back. Sad

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • When you've packed away the pregnancy books that friends lent you when you first started TTC because your friends refuse to take them back, and the damn books just taunt you from the bookshelf, nightstand or wherever.
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • When you literally have a breakdown in Wal Mart, we're talking crying, eye squeezed tightly shut, holding hands to ears, abandoning cart and dashing to the nearest exit because you feel like you're surrounded by babies, pregnant women and baby stuff in the store and it's all closing in on you until it's all you can see and hear. This happened to me about three weeks ago, ugh. And of course people looking at you like you're insane doesn't help at all.
  • I drove by a house in our neighborhood this morning with a big blue bow and balloons proclaiming "It's a Boy!!!" tied to the mailbox and gave it the finger Embarrassed
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ...when you are trying to find something in your bathroom closet and then come across your "sharps" container filled with syringes that you need to take back to the RE to discard.  Why did I have to look for that darn liquid soap to refill my bathroom dispensers this morning...::sighs::
    TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • imagejessicandavies:
    I drove by a house in our neighborhood this morning with a big blue bow and balloons proclaiming "It's a Boy!!!" tied to the mailbox and gave it the finger Embarrassed

LOL!!  I have certainly given these the "eye roll" before! 

TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • imagemadhatterxo:
    imageMrs.McIrish:

imagemadhatterxo:

I do the same thing and actually got called out by a pregnant woman.   I had just received my negative beta and shouted back  that after all the fertility drugs I deserve a break from walking far.  I believe I also called her some bad names.

TTC #2 October 2014
    Meet with RE March 2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageUOduckBride2be:
    We are not yet pursuing adoption, but every time I go to a mall or am at a Target etc and I see a girl who looks a little too young with an infant or pregnant, I'm tempted to step in and offer to adopt her child. I never act on it, but it seriously crosses my mind and I know that makes me crazy...I need to be a mom soon!

This is great!

TTC #2 October 2014
    Meet with RE March 2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageDelta04:

imagejessicandavies:
    I drove by a house in our neighborhood this morning with a big blue bow and balloons proclaiming "It's a Boy!!!" tied to the mailbox and gave it the finger Embarrassed

LOL!!  I have certainly given these the "eye roll" before! 

Love this!!!!

7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
  • When you walk through the baby section at every store and picture the day when you are actually able to buy something.  But the real kicker is when you feel the eyes of every real mom in the baby section staring at you as if they KNOW you don't even have children and wondering why you are there.
    Lucky IUI #3 Clomid + Menopur + IUI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (9.15.11) ~ 437!!! Beta #2 (9.19.11) ~ 1,854!!! EDD 05.24.2012 TWINS!!! BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Your RE calls you at work to tell you he has to cancel your cycle and that you should use protection for the next week. Ever the dutiful patient, you actually believe it matters whether or not you use protection and go home to check the nightstand. Only then do you discover that the condoms expired over a year ago.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• imagesrkm:
    When you walk through the baby section at every store and picture the day when you are actually able to buy something.  But the real kicker is when you feel the eyes of every real mom in the baby section staring at you as if they KNOW you don't even have children and wondering why you are there.

LOL, I definitely know what you mean...that feeling that everyone knows you're a fraud.

When you hear that your friend's dog is going to have puppies, instead of squealing "awww, puppies!!!" you mutter "well it sure was easy for her to get knocked up." Yes, I've been jealous of pregnant animals :(

• imageMrsFeatherbottom:

imagesrkm:
    When you walk through the baby section at every store and picture the day when you are actually able to buy something.  But the real kicker is when you feel the eyes of every real mom in the baby section staring at you as if they KNOW you don't even have children and wondering why you are there.

LOL, I definitely know what you mean...that feeling that everyone knows you're a fraud.

When you hear that your friend's dog is going to have puppies, instead of squealing "awww, puppies!!!" you mutter "well it sure was easy for her to get knocked up." Yes, I've been jealous of pregnant animals :(

Lol damn those b*tches in heat!

• When I didn't want to hang out with friends of ours because the wife conceived spontaneously at the age of 37.

• imageRuthie04:
    Your RE calls you at work to tell you he has to cancel your cycle and that you should use protection for the next week. Ever the dutiful patient, you actually believe it matters whether or not you use protection and go home to check the nightstand. Only then do you discover that the condoms expired over a year ago.

Seriously.  This. 

I remember a post here awhile ago where the question was about the craziest thing we've done to get pregnant, and someone replied, "Sex."

but why wouldn't the doctor want you to have sex?  Is that because you could conceive 'spontaneously'?   Why would that be a bad thing?  I don't understand that statement.

• imageChicNotGeek:

imageRuthie04:
    Your RE calls you at work to tell you he has to cancel your cycle and that you should use protection for the next week. Ever the dutiful patient, you actually believe it matters whether or not you use protection and go home to check the nightstand. Only then do you discover that the condoms expired over a year ago.

Seriously.  This. 

I remember a post here awhile ago where the question was about the craziest thing we've done to get pregnant, and someone replied, "Sex."

but why wouldn't the doctor want you to have sex?  Is that because you could conceive 'spontaneously'?   Why would that be a bad thing?  I don't understand that statement.

She is overstimulated and runs the risk of HOM if she goes through with the IUI or intercourse. That's how Kate + 8 wound up with her sextuplets.

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageChicNotGeek:

imageRuthie04:

Seriously.  This. 

Oh, sorry...I didn't make that clear. I overresponded, so they told us the risk for high order multiples was too high. Dr. said my ovaries "went crazy, like Mardi Gras crazy." Lovely. 

Love the "sex" comment. If this works, I want to tell my children that they should never ever have sex, because you don't need it to make babies.

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• imageMrs.McIrish:
    imagemadhatterxo:
    imageMrs.McIrish:

imagemadhatterxo:

This just made me choke on my coffee!! Big Smile

2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • You travel an extra 20 mintues to a grocery store in the city so you can avoid the one in your suburb that is always filled with the most adorable young families. 

You curse under your breath at Target's baby section.  Why does that stuff have to be so cute? 

You rotate pharmacies so you don't start to be recognized as the girl who's constantly buying OPKs/HPTs. 

When people ask you when you're going to get on the "baby train," you glare at them and ask them if they limit themselves to asking only awkward questions. 

TTC since November 2009
    Mild MFI, irregular cycles, HSG only showed left tube open
    IUIs #1-3: Femara -- BFN
    IUI #4: Follistim + HCG boosters -- BFN
    Sept./Oct. 2011 IVF#1: Long Lupron, 3dt of 2 -- BFN + 1 frostie
    Surprise BFP 11.21.2011: missed m/c at 9w2d, D&C 12.27.2011
    The Blog
  • I have another one that also happened to me...

When you go on FB and contemplate "un-hiding" someone you hid a little over a year ago for their annoying and in-your-face pregnancy-related posts and ultrasound profile pix, but then realize you have to keep them hidden because they are pregnant again and doing the same annoying crap!

Me: 37 DH: 43 Married 9/2004 TTC since 9/2005 CP Dec 2006 MC June 2008 at 6 weeks MC April 2010 at 9 weeks 50 clomid+IUI 11/2010=BFN 50 clomid+IUI 12/2010=BFP MC Feb 2011 at 7 weeks 8/11 CD3 AFC=24,FSH=6.91,AMH=5.6,E2=47.9, TSH=1.27,8/26 12DPO BFP Alistair Charles "Charlie" was born 5/7 weighing 8lbs, 10oz and 22" was long imageimageimageimage
  • imageBareBethC:
    imageMrsFeatherbottom:

imagesrkm:

Lol damn those b*tches in heat!

Hahaha, agreed!  My sister recently adopted a stray cat that was -- oops -- pregnant.  I actually had a jealous moment there.  What kind of insanity does it take to be jealous of a stray cat???

TTC since November 2009
    Mild MFI, irregular cycles, HSG only showed left tube open
    IUIs #1-3: Femara -- BFN
    IUI #4: Follistim + HCG boosters -- BFN
    Sept./Oct. 2011 IVF#1: Long Lupron, 3dt of 2 -- BFN + 1 frostie
    Surprise BFP 11.21.2011: missed m/c at 9w2d, D&C 12.27.2011
    The Blog
  • OMG! It's horrible! I've had that happen numerous times!

I've gained 15lbs since February.

I used to be a size 0, and now I'm a size 4. It's ALL in my stomach, and I get asked that ALL the time. I want to punch people for being so stupid!

• I had an "I know I'm an infertile" moment the other day, when I walked in to the RE's office and didn't have to tell them who I was.  It's like at the Chinese place where I don't even order...  they just bring what I want.
    My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
    Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"