Baby Names

B/G twins - need a boy name!

We THINK there's a boy and girl in there... we'll find out for sure in a few more weeks... So far for a girl we like...

Katelynn Renae

Ansleigh Renae

Lauren ___?

(Renae is my middle name)

But I have no clue on boy names! I'd like to use my dad's name, James for the middle name, but don't have to. I like more traditional, classic names, but not top 10!

Suggestions?? TIA!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: B/G twins - need a boy name!

• Katelynn and Ansleigh are misspelled... which isn't traditional or classic (or classy) 

And I would pronounce Ansleigh as "ON-SLAY". Is that what you're going for? 

I like Lauren.  

ETA: Oh, and some traditional boy's names?

Andrew James

Daniel James

Martin James

Arthur James

Phillip James 

• Benjamin, Samuel, Matthew, Lucas, Gabriel, Nicholas, Tyler, Thomas, Charles, Zachary, Jack, Robert, Jason, Nathan, Caleb, Ryan
  • Loading the player...
  • Lauren is the only one i like for the gir....the other 2 are not spelled correctly.

For boy...

Christopher, Matthew, Francis, Mark, Paul, Jude, Luke, Jonathan,Steven

• ansleigh makes me ill. sorry.

lauren is great. it needs to come back for sure. it's a gem among the awful trends out there. why wouldn't you use renae for the middle name?

if you like classic and traditional stick with lauren for sure. i love katelynn/katelyn/however you want to spell it but i would still stick with lauren.

lauren and...

thomas

lucas

brandon

jason

jeremy

levi

mason

graham

owen

elliot

garrett

henry

noah

jonah

connor

ethan

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Gosh you guys are a little rude over here!

I specifically didn't ask for critique on my girls names b/c I figured someone would think of something nasty to say!

I like the way they are spelled... my mom's middle name is lynn, so I like katelynn... I guess the other way to spell Ansleigh (Anns - lee) would be Ansley

Maybe one of the rude people can tell me where I can spell check names!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageemma12210:

behindthename.com is a pretty good place 

• imageemma12210:

Gosh you guys are a little rude over here!

Exactly what I was thinking!

• Well, google translate pronounces Ansleigh as "an-slee" like OP intends. The website doesn't get everything right, but it seems like it's not a terribly yuneek spelling. It's also on nameberry as a variation of Ainsley.

https://translate.google.com/#fr|en|ansleigh

I do like Lauren Renae best. Congrats on your twins, OP!

DD #1: 2012; MMC: 2014; DD #2: 2015; It's a boy! 3/31/2018

• imagecs1225:
    imageemma12210:

Exactly what I was thinking!

No one has been rude.  OP could've lurked for a few minutes and seen that most members of this board strongly dislike misspellings of names and kept from posting them, but she didn't.  PPs merely shared their opinions, which I think she needed to hear before she names her daughter.

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imageemma12210:

I specifically didn't ask for critique on my girls names b/c I figured someone would think of something nasty to say!

So then you realize that the names are spelled funny/wrong?

You do realize that when you put something out on the internet, you don't get to choose what people comment on or how they do so, right?

I like Lauren and even like Kaitlyn but I think Katelynn looks funny smushed together.

For boys, I like Andrew, Alexander and Noah and think they'd all go with James.

• Great Names OP

NMS, but it's your baby! Name her whatever you want! 

• imageemma12210:

I like the way they are spelled... my mom's middle name is lynn, so I like katelynn... I guess the other way to spell Ansleigh (Anns - lee) would be Ansley

I think you might be considering the name Ainsley (this is how I know it to be spelled)?  I like this.  I much prefer Lauren and think Lauren Renae sounds great :)  Congrats on the twins!

imageimage

• Although you didn't ASK for opinions about your girl names, I must let you know that I love the name Lauren Renae! 

There isn't a "correct" way to spell a name.  That's definitely a personal preference. :)

Our boy name is Quintin James.  I don't have any other suggestions. :)

• Maybe one of the rude people can tell me where I can spell check names!

No one was rude. Telling you the names are spelled wrong is not rude, it is the truth, telling you they dont like your names is not rude either, it is an opinion. You post your names and ask for suggestions and you get them. Rude, is catching an attitude when you dont like what people have to say about your choices!

• imagemagsugar13:

No one was rude. Telling you the names are spelled wrong is not rude, it is the truth, telling you they dont like your names is not rude either, it is an opinion. You post your names and ask for suggestions and you get them. Rude, is catching an attitude when you dont like what people have to say about your choices!

Rude is also saying that something makes you sick and/or is not classy.  There is a difference between giving your opinion and be flat out rude.

• imagecs1225:
    imagemagsugar13:

Rude is also saying that something makes you sick and/or is not classy.  There is a difference between giving your opinion and be flat out rude.

I bet you feel sorry for our children, huh? 

• imageemma12210:

It's the Internet. YOU asked a group of total strangers what THEY thought.  The purpose of this entire board is for strangers to provide opinions (sometimes referred to as advice) to those who post their comments, questions, life stories, etc. If you don't want real opinions - don't ask for them. Or better yet - ask someone that you can count on to give you only the opinion that you are looking for.

Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• imagecs1225:
    imagemagsugar13:

Something being not classy is an opinion...something makes someone sick is an opinion....

Just because you dont think they are appropriate doesnt make them wrong, I find telling people how they should give their opinions rude.

• I like Katelynn; it isn't spelled WRONG, it is just spelled differently than the more common forms of the name, and there are a number of Katelynns in the world (check out www.ssa.gov)

A WRONG spelling would be naming a child Boob instead of Bob.   Big difference.

Everyone needs to relax and play nice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just FYI, no matter how you spell it, Ainsley/Ansleigh/Aynslyee WILL be called Anusley in junior high.  I'd steer clear of it for that reason alone.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love the name Emma!  I think Lauren fits that style the best, and I really am put off by the spelling of the other names.  

Other girl and boy name suggestions:

Ivy, Grace, Molly, Sloane

Cooper, Patrick, Scott, Luke, 

Also like James for a first name. 

• Lauren is the only traditional and classic name you have posted there. Katherine is tons better than Katelynn. Ansleigh is extremely unattractive and no wear near classic.

Anything would work well with James.

Just stay away from "unique" spellings and otherwise bastardizing perfectly good, normal names and you'll be fine. 

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Man, we have been on a roll with the "YOU GUYS ARE MEANIEHANDS" posts this week.

Kudos!

Also, anytime someone calls us rude, all I can picture is:

• imagemagsugar13:

So who made you the name police and decided how people spell names?  Have you never seen Katelynn spelled like that?  I have, and I've never thought, "Wow, you were horrible to your kid and spelled their name wrong". 

As for other pp's, I would pronounce Ansleigh exactly like you want it.  I don't know where On-sleigh is coming from, but I would never look at that name and think that.  I think you are all just trying to find something wrong with someone's names because you don't personally like it.  It's her baby girl, she can do what she wants.

There, that's my rant.

• imagemagsugar13:

So who made you the name police and decided how people spell names?  Have you never seen Katelynn spelled like that?  I have, and I've never thought, "Wow, you were horrible to your kid and spelled their name wrong". 

As for other pp's, I would pronounce Ansleigh exactly like you want it.  I don't know where On-sleigh is coming from, but I would never look at that name and think that.  I think you are all just trying to find something wrong with someone's names because you don't personally like it.  It's her baby girl, she can do what she wants.

There, that's my rant.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"