April 2011 Moms
Options

Craptastic Sleepers - come in.

DD is slowly killing me. This is a typical night - bath routine, down around 7:30 (bc she is yawning like crazy before then, since her last nap ended likely around 4:30 or so)...  she bf's for a few min til she passes out cold (never a full feeding)...  wakes up 30 min later - gets a better feeding. Then is a battle to go back down for like an hour.

Wakes up around 12-1 for feeding.

Wakes up around 3ish for feeding.

Then MAYBE another around 5:30 or 6am. 

She always goes right back to sleep after eating, thankfully (last night was the exception tho!)

NAPS? Around 3 or 4. All 35 minute naps. NO MATTER WHAT. We'll even be on the freakin highway, she'll wake up after 30 or so minutes. On the highway!!! What gives?!?!?

I am so used to my son and his awesome sleeping - he did 8 hours at 8 wks old and was going 10 hours by 4 months. 

I hear DD is more the 'norm' though.....   but seriously. I am tired. We do it all - swadling.. white noise.. blackout shades.. no talking at night.. I mean, we know the drill. I just wish she'd sleep longer!!!! And nap longer. And.. I have no idea why I wrote this.. commiseration maybe????

Re: Craptastic Sleepers - come in.

• Options
    We have pretty much the exact same schedule as you except he doesn't go down (for the first time) at night until about 8:30am. That and dealing with a 2 year old.....I'm losing it. If you figures something out, let me know.
  • Options
    We're right there with you!  DS slept great from about 8-12 weeks (8 PM to 4 or 5 AM, quick feed, then back down for another hour or two), but now he's been up every two hours or more.  We only feed once around 1 or 2 AM, but I'm really getting sick of this 2 hour waking crap!!!  I think some of it has to do with us though as we go in at almost anything, so DH and I are going to have a chat tonight and hopefully start figuring something out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I could've written this myself! We have almost the same routine except DS' naps are 45 min long. My whole problem is that from 6-14 wks he SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT, like 10-8! So, I had it great and thought that was here to stay and it seems like that was a phase and this new sleep thing is the norm.

I have no ideas for you. I read up on sleep training but it says to do the things we already do. I'm a teacher and go back to work in two weeks and I'm terrified of having to work on this little sleep!

• Options

WOW I could've written this myself! LO just dropped the 1am feeding (she's formula fed) last week. And then last night it was: asleep at 9, up at 1230, up at 130, up at 330, up at 630. I use white noise but no longer swaddle. I also bedshare (not for everyone, but it works for me!). My DD #1 began sttn at 7 wks and took 2-3 hr naps. (she's 7 yr old now). Not LO- we're at 16 1/2 weeks- and it shows no sign of stopping...

And I completely understand about the Highway Wake-up!!

GLTY!!

• Options

My guy was only waking up once since 2 weeks - sometimes even sleeping until 10am...I was all smug thinking I had the worlds greatest baby. He started STTN around 10 weeks then a couple weeks later started waking up multiple times to eat. So I started just bringing him to bed a popping the old boob in his mouth and going to back to sleep. Now, he's getting worse. He's up just about every HOUR sucking away. Last night, he was sucking so hard it hurt and kept waking me up. I try so hard to get him in his crib or cosleeper but he screams. Last night, he was up from 2-4:30. I nearly died. He won't take a paci. My Mom is telling me to let him fuss in his crib but it turns into full out screaming and I can't do that to him. Eeekkkkkk I'm going to fall asleep at my desk.

• Options
    imagekgail11:

DD is slowly killing me. This is a typical night - bath routine, down around 7:30 (bc she is yawning like crazy before then, since her last nap ended likely around 4:30 or so)...  she bf's for a few min til she passes out cold (never a full feeding)...  wakes up 30 min later - gets a better feeding. Then is a battle to go back down for like an hour.

She always goes right back to sleep after eating, thankfully (last night was the exception tho!)

NAPS? Around 3 or 4. All 35 minute naps. NO MATTER WHAT. We'll even be on the freakin highway, she'll wake up after 30 or so minutes. On the highway!!! What gives?!?!?

I am so used to my son and his awesome sleeping - he did 8 hours at 8 wks old and was going 10 hours by 4 months. 

I hear DD is more the 'norm' though.....   but seriously. I am tired. We do it all - swadling.. white noise.. blackout shades.. no talking at night.. I mean, we know the drill. I just wish she'd sleep longer!!!! And nap longer. And.. I have no idea why I wrote this.. commiseration maybe????

Reading this was spooky.  Our nights are exactly what you described, her naps are always 30 ish minutes (even in the car), Drew slept just like your son (STTN early and going 10 or 11 hours by this age), and our sons even have the same name.  We're living the same life!

I'm exhausted and, like you, have tried all I can.  Unless something magically changes, I have a feeling we will be doing some form of CIO in a couple months. :-/   I just can't take this much longer!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagePAmiler82:
    imagekgail11:

Reading this was spooky.  Our nights are exactly what you described, her naps are always 30 ish minutes (even in the car), Drew slept just like your son (STTN early and going 10 or 11 hours by this age), and our sons even have the same name.  We're living the same life!

I'm exhausted and, like you, have tried all I can.  Unless something magically changes, I have a feeling we will be doing some form of CIO in a couple months. :-/   I just can't take this much longer!

hahahaha!!!!!  weird!!

• Options

Honestly - early this AM I was panicked that she just would keep waking up (and she did)...I'm slowly losing it. She was a decent sleeper before but the past week or so it has just SUCKED. We can't seem to get a break and last night/this morning was the worst. About every hour to hour and a half she seemed to be crying to eat. I am so flippin' worn out at work today it's not even funny.

It just helps me feel better that I'm not alone. H keeps thinking she needs rice cereal ASAP but I was really wanting to hold off from that. 

When does this get better?? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"