South Carolina Babies

Possible Move to Charleston

My DH and I may be moving to Charleston some time in the next couple of years. It may be sooner rather than later, so we are just starting to think about areas that we would want to live. He works at Boeing, so would likely be near the new Boeing plant in North Charleston, I believe.

We would want to live close to his work so he does not have a long commute. We would also want to live in a good school district, and possibly near a quaint town center type area. Any recommendations?

Our first baby girl, Lucia Joy, joined us on April 1, 2010!

Re: Possible Move to Charleston

• I live in Hanahan its right near everything u need but its tucked away like a little secret lol! i love it here its quite and close to boeing
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Awesome. I think I remember DH mentioning Hanahan, so we'll definitely look into that area. Thanks!
    Our first baby girl, Lucia Joy, joined us on April 1, 2010!
  • Loading the player...
  • My friend lives in the Tanner Plantation part of Hanahan. Very new homes and they are nice.

I find Hanahan a little too far out there, but if you like more rural areas, then it's a nice spot. West Ashley is close as is Daniel Island, but I'd do private schools if I lived in either place (although DI kids who go to public go to Hanahan...it's just all about what your expectations and standards are with regard to schools).

GL!! 

• I live in Mount Pleasant and couldn't be happier!! They have some of the best schools around, it's just minutes from the Isle of Palms beach and Sullivans Island beach. Also minutes from historic downtown Charleston. We live in a development called Dunes West and think that Mount Pleasant is the perfect location to raise a family..close enough to everything you need yet far enough away so you don't have to battle that much with traffic during the busy seasons. Best of luck finding the perfect place for you and your family!
  • Traffic from Mt. Pleasant to the Boeing plant can be pretty tough, especially during rush hour. Park circle is a very nice little community in North Charleston, close to Boeing, but I wouldn't use the public schools system there.
  • My husband works at Boeing as well.  We moved to Summerville which is also close, and very affordable :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • best advice I can give you is to come here and rent or stay in a hotel and decide then where you want to live after at least a month of learning what is available. We live in Park West, same area as Dunes West like the lady above ^^, and I think it wouldn't be a bad commute because you can hop on the interstate and not take surface roads. West Ashley has horrible traffic on their surface roads and I don't like them at all. It's not "quaint" but very strip-mall-ish In my opinion. I lived downtown in a rental for a few months while figuring out where we wanted to live. Also, I work at a hotel downtown where many of the transferring Boeing employees stay(ed) and I know a lot purchased in my area. But, the areas is all so spread out and differ so much from one to another that it's best to get to know them and know how they fit your needs. Mt Pleasant has the best public schools though...FWIW
    4thofJuly2012-cpd
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    after 10 weeks of bedrest for contractions and shorting cvx they arrived at 32 weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"