April 2011 Moms
Options

I feel like I am just winging it all the time

I prepared as much as I could for a newborn. I mean, I read lots and lots of books and I really felt like I knew what to do once LO came. I knew what color the poop should be, how much they should eat, early milestones...etc, etc. Now that he is older, I have no time to read parenting books. I feel like each day I am just winging it now. If a new situation comes up, I just take my best guess at how to deal with it. I just don't have time to sit down and read books anymore, I just have to go with my instincts I guess. I hope I'm not the only one flying by the seat of her pants everyday.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: I feel like I am just winging it all the time

• Options

imageSouthSideDrea:
    Making it up as we go along here too.  So far, so good.

Yes  Me too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSouthSideDrea:

Yes  Me too!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSouthSideDrea:

Yep. I was never emotionally up for parenting books before she came, and now I don't have time.

And let's face it, no book can prepare you for how to take care of your specific child. Not really. They are the best teachers on what works for them, you know?

• Options
    That's pretty much how I've always been. I sometimes use the Bump for ideas, and I'll read and research when I think one of them might be sick. Otherwise I just make it up as I go along.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Every day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • Options

I think making it up as you go along is part of the definition of parenthood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You're definitely not alone! I definitely feel like we're just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks sometimes.  :)
    It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
  • Options
    Totally flying by the seat of my pants... and doing lots of quick google searches at night with questions. No time to read either! Wink
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageSouthSideDrea:

DItto this.

At Liam's baptism over the weekend, a couple was talking about a 6 month old and I asked what they're doing at that age - umm yea I'm clearly not reading any baby books. The kid is alive and smiles all the time so I'm thinking things are going ok.

• Options
    imagePAmiler82:

This. Also, depending on how uptight you are, the books can "make you crazy." A pediatrician actually told my friend to "throw away" Your Baby Week By Week because it was making her paranoid. "Omg. My baby is x weeks old and not doing x, y, z yet."

And as much as it hurts me to admit it as a writer/English professor, lots of babies existed before written language and apparently made it to adulthood since we're all here Stick out tongue

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    imagePAmiler82:

This   Wink

• Options
    imagePAmiler82:

This.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"