April 2011 Moms

Are you bringing your LO to any weddings this fall??

I have 4 weddings coming up soon!  My DD will be between 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 months at the time, and we are trying to figure out if we should bring her...to the ceremonies- to part of the receptions- or not at all.  3 of the weddings are for friends.  My IL are watching her for one and my parents for another, and I think they are pretty flexible with however we want to do things... the other two we still are looking for babysitters to help out (eeek!).

It makes it more challenging because I am a bridesmaid in one and a personal attendant in another.  Since we have yet to start child care, and I am home with my daughter until late August I cannot imagine being away from her for so long on the weekend... since I will be back to work and therefore away from her all day at that point :(  Oh, and then there is breastfeeding and pumping!  How do you even do that when you are gone all day anyway?  Eeek!

Any thoughts or advice?  TIA :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are you bringing your LO to any weddings this fall??

• yikes, that is a lot of weddings!  We have a wedding in Oct but it is a destination wedding for my bff and DH and I will be flying down there with the baby so of course he is coming to everything.  I would be taking to the brides as soon as possible (not at the last moment) to see what works best.  At least for the couple where you are involved in the wedding.  Good luck!
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • We have one in September that is an 8 hour drive from where we live, so we have to bring DS. And this will be the first time he meets most of DH's family. Fortunately the couple getting married just had a little girl in March, and they have made it very clear that children are welcome.

As for the pumping/breastfeeding thing, I know we have a refridgerator in our hotel room, so that eased my mind. I know he will be getting a few bottles here and there, as my MIL will be with him a lot during the weekend. It is going to be kind of a pain, but luckily the wedding/reception is in our hotel, so if I need to pump I can just go up to our room.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageohiostategal:
    I would be taking to the brides as soon as possible (not at the last moment) to see what works best. 

Ah, of course...great idea!  That would definitely make me feel better.  I will get on that right away, thanks :) 

• imagemaddiehohn:

We have one in September that is an 8 hour drive from where we live, so we have to bring DS. And this will be the first time he meets most of DH's family. Fortunately the couple getting married just had a little girl in March, and they have made it very clear that children are welcome.

As for the pumping/breastfeeding thing, I know we have a refridgerator in our hotel room, so that eased my mind. I know he will be getting a few bottles here and there, as my MIL will be with him a lot during the weekend. It is going to be kind of a pain, but luckily the wedding/reception is in our hotel, so if I need to pump I can just go up to our room.

Wow, an 8 hour drive doesn't sound fun.  That is good that your MIL will be there to help and the pumping situation should be good :)  We only have an hour drive; however, both my parents and ILs will be there so we don't know who to ask to babysit... Good luck to you! 

• If your DH isn't in the wedding party can't he watch her while your busy?
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would say it depends on the time of the weddings and when your LO tends to break down.  I know that come 730 pm Els is done for the night, she is ready for her bedtime routine and to go to bed.  If we are somewhere new and exciting that may extend to 8 pm.  So if we were invited to an evening wedding I would find a sitter, but if it was a morning or afternoon wedding and the baby was welcome I would bring her.

• I'm bringing DS to the Location of the wedding, but not bringing him to the actual wedding. DH will watch him during the ceremony and then we have asked the bride if she can out us in touch with a babysitter for the reception. The reception is at a hotel so e will stay in our room. Unless LO is in the wedding or it is a destination wedding, I would not plan to bring him to the actual event unless hs name is on the invite (and even then I would only bring him for a bit for people to meet him. I would welcome the time to myself). For the wedding you are in, ask the bride for a basic schedule of the day so you can make a plan for pumping. If someone else is watching LO pump a lot in advance and pump the day of to replace those bottles. If the baby is invited to the ceremony, sit near the back so you can make a quick exit in the event of fussing.
  • I'm in a wedding this Saturday and here's what I'm doing.  I spoke with the bride about what she wanted and she of course said he could come to everything.   I know she really wanted no kids at the wedding and I also know how quickly a baby can steal the attention.  And it's her wedding day, she shouldn't have to share it with anyone. So tomorrow (Friday) he's doing to the sitters in the morning while I help decorate and hang out.  Then she's having a cookout and he'll come to that.  Then he'll go home with daddy during the actual rehearsal, and then Daddy will bring him to meet us for the rehearsal dinner.  Saturday we are getting our hair done in the AM, and again this will be time with daddy.  Then I'll be home in the early afternoon to nurse and cuddle. Then back to the church at 2:30 for pics at which point he will be with Daddy again.  And I'll take my pump along.  Wedding starts at 5:30, so I'm going to try to pump around 5ish.  Hopefully I'll only have to pump once. I am having him go to a sitters for the ceremony and the beginning of the reception ya know during the meal, toasts, and special stuff.  Then (because the sitter isn't far) DH will go pick him up for the remainder of the evening. Probably more detail than you needed, but it's just about being flexible.  And I know I don't want to miss any more time with LO then I have to, but this is also one of my dearest friends' weddings and I really want to make sure I'm there for her too!
  • we have taken lo to 3 wedding so far and have 4 more coming up (i'm in 3 of these, dh is in 1). other than the one that we are both in, dh will be taking care of her during the ceremony and we will both do it at the reception. for the one we are both in, my aunt is watching her during the ceremony. i just make sure to pump enough for one bottle for during the ceremony in case she gets hungry and otherwise i just treat it like any other time i'm out in public.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • yes, i am a bridesmaid in my sisters wedding late november. but it's at my parents' house and dh will be there and i can't bf anymore so we are covered. :)

• We're going to 2, kids are coming to neither. Although DS is travelling with us to the one in NYC - I have a friend watching him at our hotel during the wedding. After 4 months or so, I don't think that they need to come with you - even if you are nursing. They are more predictable in their schedules and you can just bring a handpump and use it in the bathroom to relieve any engorgement. Pump in the car on the way home or when you get in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"