Parenting
Options

Do you wake up in the am with your DH/SO if you don't go to work?

I was talking to my mom about something today and I mentioned that I had no idea what DH was up to on a particular day and it came out that I didn't get up with him in the mornings. My mom reverted back to a 50's wife for a bit and was surprised I didn't make him coffee.

Am I the only one who doesn't get up in the am with your DH? 

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image

Re: Do you wake up in the am with your DH/SO if you don't go to work?

• Options

I had all these good intentions of getting up when DH gets up...using the time he gets ready for work as my workout time....and then when he leaves, I shower and get the kids up for school.

Hasn't happened.

I said something to someone else about how I felt guilty that DH is up and off bringing home the bacon while I snooze away, and she said "ehhh, I got over that guilt quick."  and since then I've given up the guilt too. 

• Options

My staying home is only temporary so I don't really. I suppose I could but I stay up later than him. He's in bed by 10 and I just physically can't sleep that early. I've always been a night owl. Even when I DO work I'm up til midnight. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

ppppfttt, no! Ethan and I woke up sometime around 9am this morning & DH was already gone to work.  

During the school year or summer camps, we all end up waking up around the same time, but I don't intentionally get up to help my husband prepare for his day.  

• Options
    Oh, I have no guilt. He leaves the house around 7:15 I just can't get up that early. I don't even hear him when gets up for that matter.
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options

No.

And he'd much rather let me sleep and be a happy wife and mother than have me make him breakfast.

I might consider getting up with him if a) he didn't leave the house by 7am and b) I didn't stay up late working most nights (I'm a photographer and do the majority of my editing after everyone's in bed).

• Options
    Not really. I do get up at the same time sometimes, but that's more to prep for my day than to help him prep for his. I make the coffee, but that's because I want it. ; ) 
  • Options
    We are on an assignment for his work right now in another state and only have one car here, so most mornings I do get up with him, but only to take him to work. We live in an area with good public transport, though, so he takes the bus about 25% of the time. He makes the coffee, his lunch and takes care of his own breakfast. He might faint if I got up and made coffee. It's just how we operate.
    She's crafty - and she's just my type.
  • Options
    I don't wake up until DH wakes me up. And that involves him bringing me coffee in bed when he's ready to leave for work. He likes to have the mornings with the girls and doesn't want me interfering and I'm happy to comply lol!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No, but if I am starting to wake up before he leaves he brings me coffee in bed :-)
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • Options
    DH works from home now and usually wakes up after me, but when he had to be in an office early I usually did not get up with him. Neither of us drink coffee so that wasn't an issue :).
    -Sarah, Ryan 10.26.05 & Caleb 5.2.07 image
  • Options

No.  I get up because there are 4 kids raising havoc on my house.  

I'm often out of bed earlier than he is, unless he has somewhere to be (his salary job is noon-11p), like a side job.  I'm also always up until he's home, and often after he's in bed.

• Options

DH leaves for work at 4:45 am. I prefer not to see that side of sunrise.

Not to mention, neither of us are morning people, so its quiet and crabby if we're up together. 

Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Options

no. nothing wrong with that. if you do you do, if not dont stress. just different schedules for different families - don't feel guilty.

and i like the idea of DH making ME coffee :) lol.

• Options
    psh...my son gets up before anyone, so we all get up together. Our bdays and Mothers/Fathers day are the only days one of us really sleeps in
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm a morning person so the only time I'm not up with (usually before) my husband is during the newborn stage when sleep came when it came.

On a Saturday when he is working and I am not, I am always up before him.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options
    Wow. This post makes stabby. Totally unjustifiable but still. I wonder what life would be like of I had this to worry about. ::eye roll::

~Lisa
    Mum to Owen and Lucas Daisypath Wedding tickers>
  • Options

Dh works nights, I don't work. 

He has to leave the house by 4:45pm, so I am awake when he leaves. I pack his lunch, and send him out the door.  

image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, obviously no since he works nights. If he worked day shift he'd have to be up by 5. When he did work first for a few months, I don't think I ever got up with him. When I was pregnant with Maile I used to get up every night and talk to him and then go back to bed. It was more that I was an insomniac at the time. We I'm dealing with insomnia now I'll talk to him for awhile before going back to bed. 
  • Options
    Yeah, my mom said I should get up with DH and pack his lunch when he leaves for work at 4:30 am.  Yeah.  He is bearly functioning.  I am not going to ruin my day by being up that early too.  DH typically buys his lunch at work, but if it is a weekend I will help him get it packed the night before.  No way in hell.
  • Options
    No.  He gets up at 5:15 and wants to get to work ASAP so he can put in his hours and get back home.  He is out the door by 5:45.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I actually used to get up with DH at 5:30am and have coffee with him, but that was before kids.

Now he's out the door at about 6:30 and I get a whole 30 minutes more sleep than that if I am lucky.

I set up the pre-programmed coffee maker the night before. Does that count?

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    No but he wakes me or the kids up often in his getting ready noises & it annoys me. I stay up later & spent 5 yrs getting up w/ the kids in the middle of the night while he slept...hell no I don't feel guilty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"