April 2011 Moms

s/o Baby's First Cold (follow those instincts, ladies)

DD has had a low grade temp for about a week, but this afternoon her fever climbed a bit and she just seemed really off to DH and I. We debated, but decided we had to take her to the ER, just to make ourselves feel better.

Turns out she has pneumonia and a horrible bladder infection. By the time we got there, her fever was at 103 despite the Tylenol I had given her an hour before.

My sweet girl has had a hell of day - chest x-ray, IV, urine draw, etc. - but at least she now has antibiotics and we know what's going on.

She's been super fussy for the last few days, but I didn't call because I figured it was just teething/four month wakeful stuff. I should have listened to that little voice that was saying "something isn't right here." I'm so glad we brought her in today.

Re: s/o Baby's First Cold (follow those instincts, ladies)

• Poor baby girl!  Hope she feels better and glad you listened to your instincts!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    bfp 4/8/2010, m/c 4/16/2010
    bfp 7/31/2010, dd born 4/2011
    bfp 2/7/2014, edd 10/19/2014, m/c 2/25/2014
    bfp 5/22/2014, edd 1/27/2015, MMC 6/30/2014, D&C 7/8/2014
  • Oh no, poor baby!! Hope she feels better soon! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • DS got pneumonia a couple weeks ago - after two days in daycare. Seeing him held down on that X-ray table, screaming in his little hospital gown was the most heart wrenching moment of my life. He was feeling better within a couple days though, I hope your little does the same!
  • Glad they figured it out.  Hope she is feeling better quickly!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemaddiehohn:
    DS got pneumonia a couple weeks ago - after two days in daycare. Seeing him held down on that X-ray table, screaming in his little hospital gown was the most heart wrenching moment of my life. He was feeling better within a couple days though, I hope your little does the same!

Hugs.

I cried the whole time we were there. They had to stick her twice for the IV and I wanted to die.

• Aw, poor Cami! Hugs, Momma. I'm glad you followed your instincts.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imageSarahL77:
    Aw, poor Cami! Hugs, Momma. I'm glad you followed your instincts.

This exactly! They're so tiny, it's amazing how quickly they can get sick. Liam went from sniffles to ER in 24 hours just a few weeks ago. Hugs to both of you and wishes for a quick recovery!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Good work trusting your instincts mama... hope she's feeling better soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Your poor DD! I hope she's feeling better now. I saw this post before bed and kept an even closer eye on DS last night and this morning, but he does seem on the mend. But he hasn't been fussy at all in between his sniffles, so it really does seem to just be a common cold.
  • imagevanfox:
    Your poor DD! I hope she's feeling better now. I saw this post before bed and kept an even closer eye on DS last night and this morning, but he does seem on the mend. But he hasn't been fussy at all in between his sniffles, so it really does seem to just be a common cold.

I'm so glad. I hope he's back to 100% soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"