April 2011 Moms

4 month wakeful

LO is just about 4 month adjusted age. He usually takes one long 2 hr nap a day and small cat naps the rest of the day. Just this week he has been throwing huge fits before his nap. I don't try to put him down for a nap at a particular time each day, I usually just follow his cues and it ends up being at about the same time every day. But this week there has been no normal cues, just crying which escalates to a fit. It takes upwards of an hour to calm him down, and then he crashes. He's sleeping wonderfully at night through. Could this be the dreaded 4 month wakeful I'm dealing with now?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: 4 month wakeful

• LO had one day last week when he refused to sleep.  He was fussy, crying for an hour straight, and when he calmed down, he STILL wouldn't sleep.  The poor little guy slept for all of 20 minutes between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.  I'm still not sure what it was.  I was thinking it could be teething because he has been drooling and chewing on his hands and he loved it when I rubbed his gums  Now he's doing much better.  He's back to taking two long (between 1 and 3 hour) naps per day, plus at least one shorter one.  Good luck.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Delilah has been doing that too...she just screams when she gets tired now, it's heartbreaking and frustrating! DS never did that, so it's all new to me. Ugh.
    Old nestie, new name: formerly ckolak:-)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Mama's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, I was just looking on here for info about the 4 month wakeful period. Linus isn't quite 4 months yet, but I am at my wits end. All yesterday he started screaming bloody murder when you'd try and put him down for a nap, but was miserable awake, just fussing, crying, rubbing his eyes, wouldn't take his paci, wouldn't take a bottle. Awful. Last night (ALL night) was similar. I finally got him to fall asleep and I kid you not he woke me up ever 1-2 hours the entire night. I don't know if it's the wakeful period, teething, or what, but it is horrible...
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"