April 2011 Moms

Went cold turkey on the swaddle this weekend..

It went ok. She was STTN while she was swaddled and in her pack-n-play but now that she's unswaddled and in her crib, she's waking up about 3 times a night. Luckily she goes right back down so it's not too bad. She's also moving around in the crib a lot! I couldn't believe it when I went in there the first time and she had turned completely around and had her feet sticking out of the crib! How long did it take for your LO to get back to STTN when you de-swaddled?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Went cold turkey on the swaddle this weekend..

• For us, it was one week of really crappy bedtimes and a couple of wakings at night (the first night she STTN but that was a fake out), and now she's back to STTN with no problem.

Bedtimes have been rough, but they always were even w/ the swaddle. Plus, she had a bladder infection we didn't know about, so who knows how that + 4mo stuff + teething has played into everything.

eta: we ended up putting breathable bumpers on to stop the legs from getting stuck between the slats. I like them. I may have also stuck my face into them to test the "breathable" claim. It's legit.

• imageScout05:

For us, it was one week of really crappy bedtimes and a couple of wakings at night (the first night she STTN but that was a fake out), and now she's back to STTN with no problem.

Bedtimes have been rough, but they always were even w/ the swaddle. Plus, she had a bladder infection we didn't know about, so who knows how that + 4mo stuff + teething has played into everything.

eta: we ended up putting breathable bumpers on to stop the legs from getting stuck between the slats. I like them. I may have also stuck my face into them to test the "breathable" claim. It's legit.

Thanks! I'm hoping we get back to STTN soon! She never got up this much even as a newborn so it's been a change!! I was wondering about the breathable bumpers and if they were legit. I might have to pick those up this week. I was surprised but bedtime has been the same. Her Dr wanted us to start putting her down drowsy but awake so I was scared of doing that at the same time but it's worked out really well thankfully so far!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We've still be working on the one arm out. We are on day three and last night he STTN so I am working up the nerve to go with both arms out. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The bumpie formerly known as First Time in MI
  • We just started unswaddling LO last week when I went into her room and found she wiggled out of the miracle blanket and had it up near her neck and face. Ahhh! We have had no problems with getting her to go to sleep and she STTN also. I guess I am pretty lucky!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am jealous of all of you. 

She never STTN even with the swaddle but we were down to nursing once a night.  We had to ditch the swaddle b/c she rolled over in it.  It's been about four days.  Now she eats twice and his up at least three other times just because.  I'm exhausted.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"