April 2011 Moms
Options

Sippy Cup Clicky Poll

I have friends who have babies LOs age... they are already talking sippy cups.  Surprise
[Poll]
~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It

Re: Sippy Cup Clicky Poll

• Options
    With DD we gave it to her while we ate when she was around 6 months.  She really didn't use it until much closer to  a year.  She mostly would bang it around on her tray and throw it on the ground.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have no idea!  LO is barely holding on to small toys- there is no way she would have the motor skills to hold a sippy cup let alone bring it to her mouth and drink.  I may consider it when she is drinking something other than formula.

Seriously- I'm in no rush for her to grow up.  I'm not pushing anything on her!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJaneBeam:

I have no idea!  LO is barely holding on to small toys- there is no way she would have the motor skills to hold a sippy cup let alone bring it to her mouth and drink.  I may consider it when she is drinking something other than formula.

This...

• Options
    It depends when DD can master holding the bottle on her own.  DD1 didn't have a sippy until 8-9 mo.
  • Options
    imageJaneBeam:

I have no idea!  LO is barely holding on to small toys- there is no way she would have the motor skills to hold a sippy cup let alone bring it to her mouth and drink. 

This - I have not started thinking about sippys yet.  I don't even know when she is allowed to have water.
  • Options
    Apparently I'm super late...ds didn't get a sippy until 1 year.  oops.  Well, he can drink just fine from a straw, sippy, and regular cup now!  (no thoughts about giving one to dd)
  • Options
    imageJaneBeam:

This! But when she is ready to start drinking from a cup I'll be trying out a "Doidy cup" - https://doidycups.com/

My midwife recommended it and if it works out, it will be better for DD teeth and gums to avoid having to use a sippy cup. We'll see what happensDoidy cups

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I voted 4 months only because I have introduced the sippy cup... he is no where near drinking from it but DS#1 never took a bottle, only a sippy cup... and with me looking to return to work in November part time, I want LO to be comfortable taking milk from a sippy... so I am starting now so hopefully by November he is ok with it! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"