Parenting after a Loss

AW alert: back from our cruise and great news!

hi dudettes!!  we just got home from a 7 day cruise to the caribbean.  it was freakin awesome!!!  i ate so.much.food. 

the night before we left i got up to pee at 3am and blood all over the tp.  i freaked out!  every time i wiped there was blood, dark red blood.  we went to the ER and 6 hrs later i found out the baby was fine and there was a hb on the u/s.  mind you the tech didn't show me the u/s or let me hear the hb, so i was clueless for an hour while i waited for the dr to give me the news.  longest hour of my life!  thanks to laura, suntoto, for keeping me calm during all of that!  xoxoxox

so a few hours later we set off for our cruise.  fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.  then this past friday night i get up to pee and i feel a gush.  blood everywhere!  dripping on the floor in the bathroom, toilet bowl full of red water, bloody toilet paper, tons of tears.  i was so upset. 

we just got home a little while ago and of course i run to my room, grab my doppler and guess what???..........a hb of 158 THAT I COULD HEAR!!!!  i've been listening since 7 weeks and i've seen the number on the screen, but had never heard it.  awwww, sweet bliss!  i'm so happy right now!!  :)  :)   :)   :)     just wanted to be an AW and share!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: AW alert: back from our cruise and great news!

• So so glad you had a great trip - and that all is well with baby.  Enjoy that beautiful little heartbeat! 
  • Glad everything is good, and that you heard the HB!  

Also glad you had fun on the cruise, I am jealous.  We are going on our first one in December, I can't wait! 

• Loading the player...
  • You better tell your Dr. Anyway and try to get an u/s to see WTF is going on with the bleeding. But I'm so effing happy for you. I could jump for joy if em wasn't asleep on my lap. Congrats tx you really do deserve this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• thanks!! where are you going on your cruise, which line are you going on?
  • Yay for HB! Did the Dr tell you the cause of the bleeding last time? I had bleeding at 6 wks and 10 wks and both times they said it was just my cervix that was irritated. At 6 wks it was a lot and there were clots, the Dr said it was just my cervix but I still kinda wonder if it was a SCH because there was so much blood.

• imageWearingRed:
    You better tell your Dr. Anyway and try to get an u/s to see WTF is going on with the bleeding. But I'm so effing happy for you. I could jump for joy if em wasn't asleep on my lap. Congrats tx you really do deserve this.

welllllllll i just had an u/s 10 days ago and the dr at the ER told me that first tri bleeding is common. which i know, but for me last time i had first tri bleeding, i had a m/c. anyway hearing the hb is good enough for me and i don't want another u/s. if it hadn't been for the bleeding i wouldn't have gotten one at all. so far i haven't seen anyone for this pg yet. the mw's will see me around 12ish weeks.

• imageTexas77again:

imageWearingRed:
    You better tell your Dr. Anyway and try to get an u/s to see WTF is going on with the bleeding. But I'm so effing happy for you. I could jump for joy if em wasn't asleep on my lap. Congrats tx you really do deserve this.

welllllllll i just had an u/s 10 days ago and the dr at the ER told me that first tri bleeding is common. which i know, but for me last time i had first tri bleeding, i had a m/c. anyway hearing the hb is good enough for me and i don't want another u/s. if it hadn't been for the bleeding i wouldn't have gotten one at all. so far i haven't seen anyone for this pg yet. the mw's will see me around 12ish weeks.

so your not as paranoid as me good for you. (i don't mean that. sarcastically even tho it looks that way.) I'm happy for you heartbeat and your ability to stay calm. Woohoo!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagevlewis515:

Yay for HB! Did the Dr tell you the cause of the bleeding last time? I had bleeding at 6 wks and 10 wks and both times they said it was just my cervix that was irritated. At 6 wks it was a lot and there were clots, the Dr said it was just my cervix but I still kinda wonder if it was a SCH because there was so much blood.

well according to the u/s tech everything was normal, with no SCH noted. :( first of all the fing dr was an idiot. i asked for an u/s and he refused me one saying that we might not be able to see the hb and it would just scare me unneccesarily, i was 9 weeks. ok dude. whatevs. then he comes in with a doppler to hear the hb to put my mind at ease. ummm, backwards much?!

i totally told him that i need an u/s and i just kept repeating myself until he ordered it.  lol.  no explanation, other than, "it's totally normal and i'm sure you won't even bother to come in the next time you have bleeding."   ummm, i'll come in anytime i feel like i need medical attention.  kthanksbye. 

• imageTexas77again:
    imagevlewis515:

Yay for HB! Did the Dr tell you the cause of the bleeding last time? I had bleeding at 6 wks and 10 wks and both times they said it was just my cervix that was irritated. At 6 wks it was a lot and there were clots, the Dr said it was just my cervix but I still kinda wonder if it was a SCH because there was so much blood.

well according to the u/s tech everything was normal, with no SCH noted. :( first of all the fing dr was an idiot. i asked for an u/s and he refused me one saying that we might not be able to see the hb and it would just scare me unneccesarily, i was 9 weeks. ok dude. whatevs. then he comes in with a doppler to hear the hb to put my mind at ease. ummm, backwards much?!

i totally told him that i need an u/s and i just kept repeating myself until he ordered it.  lol.  no explanation, other than, "it's totally normal and i'm sure you won't even bother to come in the next time you have bleeding."   ummm, i'll come in anytime i feel like i need medical attention.  kthanksbye. 

What a ***, please tell me that was the ER doc and not the OB your midwife is supposed to be working in conjunction with!

ETA: LOL I did not realize TB censors diick 

• Glad you had a wonderful vacation and so happy that baby is doing well!  Go, baby, go!

I had spotting and bad cramping early on in my pregnancy, and everything turned out fine.  Still nerve-wracking, though. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • yeah, he was the ER doc.  he was really nice, but i just don't think he's had a lot of experience with this specific situation and with a patient who knows wtf she's talking about.  he was very polite, but i told him that my whole reason for going to the ER was for an u/s.  i'm like, "we're leaving for a cruise in a few hours and i need to know what to expect."   duh!!  i could not even imagine being out to sea for 7 days and not knowing if i was m/c'ing or not.  ::shudder:: 

• imageTexas77again:

yeah, he was the ER doc.  he was really nice, but i just don't think he's had a lot of experience with this specific situation and with a patient who knows wtf she's talking about.  he was very polite, but i told him that my whole reason for going to the ER was for an u/s.  i'm like, "we're leaving for a cruise in a few hours and i need to know what to expect."   duh!!  i could not even imagine being out to sea for 7 days and not knowing if i was m/c'ing or not.  ::shudder:: 

For reals, you'd have been (as any of us would be) a basket case!!

• imageStrunella:

Glad you had a wonderful vacation and so happy that baby is doing well!  Go, baby, go!

I had spotting and bad cramping early on in my pregnancy, and everything turned out fine.  Still nerve-wracking, though. 

it is scary and imo, none of us deserve to be scared while pg.  we've had at least one too many scares already, dammit!  i'm glad things worked out fine for you and hoping the same for me!  :)

• Such great news!
  • So happy to hear that you saw the heartbeat
    Sorry that you have to deal with the stress that goes along with bleeding while you are PG
    AND I am jealous of your cruising
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • Love all the great news!  Tell that little bean of yours to stop scaring mommy!!  Welcome back, glad you had a nice vacation :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • yay for hearing the HB on your doppler!  The bleeding has to stop though, so not cool!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yahoo for hb and cruise. . . you know, my brother's babymama had bleeding like that when she had placenta previa -- but everything righted itself by about 30 weeks and she had a normal and irritatingly (to me, because I am petty and evil) quick and painless delivery. 
  • I'm so glad the baby is OK.  Still, the blood is scary.  I had a big blood gush with DD2 - turned out to be a subchorionic hemorrhage.  I hope you don't get any more scares like that!
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • imageTexas77again:
    imagevlewis515:

He sounds like an idiot.

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • This was the update I've been waiting for! Yay!
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • So glad for your good news!
  • LOVE that h/b sound!!!! yay!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *************************************************************************************** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Such fantastic news!

• Yay!  I am so happy for you:) ... and I agree with PP's... call your doctor and get in for a check just so you have the extra piece of mind and they can figure out what is going on...
  • Yay! Chick I can't believe you are 18w already, almost 1/2 way there! Hang in there!
    BFP #1- 1/16/09- Baby Ava stillborn at 32 weeks, possible cord accident, 7/30/09
    BFP #2- 1/5/10- Baby Jack born at 37w2d, 6lbs 13 oz, 8/24/10
    BFP #3- 7/30/11- Baby Boy Due April 3, 2012
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • yay, glad you had a great time. the heartbeat is SUCH an amazing sound =)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on growing baby!
  • So glad to hear about HB!  Hope the bleeding stops happening and you can have a bit of ease of mind.  Yay for good news!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    2.7.08 delivered twin girls at 19 wks
  • I am glad you and your bean are okay!  It's amazing hearing the h/b on your own! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Any time, Tex.  That is what friends are for.  I am just grateful that things are ok and I also think you need to see a DR about that bleeding.  That is just scary.  Love ya! <3
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Oh hun!!  This is great news!!  I'm glad you had fun on your vacation and came home to the wonderful sound of a HB. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • Love that you could hear the HB!
  • What a rollercoaster ride!  

So glad that your cruise was wonderful & that you were able to hear your LO's beautiful, strong heartbeat (the best sound in the world, isn't it?)!  Keep going strong, LO!!!       

• so glad you had a great trip and were able to hear the hb
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • great news! sorry you keep getting scares.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
  • I'm so happy for you! I'm sure that was so scary! Grow baby! Grow! 
  • Thus is awesome news!so happy for you Tex!
    BFP#1 missed m/c-d&c 10/27/08, BFP#2 BO-natural m/c 5/15/09, BFP#3 8/12/09-DS born 4/2010, BFP#4=TWINS-missed m/c&d/c 6/15/11, BFP#4 11/22/11- please stay with me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"