April 2011 Moms

4 month wakeful/growth spurt anyone else?

It's been a busy LO developmental week... chatting, rolling, being super aware of her surroundings/distracted, eating a TON!

Well, for the last 2 nights we had a hell of a time putting LO down and then she proceeded to wake up every hour pissed off she was on her tummy. I pulled her into bed with us and she was straining to roll, arms flapping like a bird and frustrated! We were still working on deswaddling but not quite there yet, so its a bit of a setback. You think she'd be more tired after practicing her rolling all day!!

Anyone else dealing with a fussy LO who won't sleep?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 4 month wakeful/growth spurt anyone else?

• We dealt with that last week.  She fought naps like crazy, cried going down to bed at night and wanted to eat all night long.  We also took away the swaddle becaSuse she was so close to rolling and then finally did.  It lasted just over a week and now things are much better!  It takes less than five minutes to get her down for most naps and bedtime.  Her naps have also extended and we usually get at least one or two 2 hour naps and then one more that's about an hour.  She does roll over though and sleep on her tummy.  And when she is awake, we just put her on the floor as much as possible so she can practice her rolling and not have to wake up and do it at 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 am like she was doing a week ago.  Good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Liam just stays awake a lot more than usual. And is curious about EVERYTHING. Last night, I was supposed to videotape a musical performance for the college website--Jared and a bunch of other students, professors, and alumni were in this band playing for the lawn seating section of a restaurant, and about ten different people must have held Liam while I was doing the camerawork.

And he just stared, jabbered, and played with ALL of them. Normally, he would fall asleep for at least half of something like that.

We bedshare and nurse to sleep, so it's hard for me to tell if he's been different at night or not.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageKmhsswim:
    We dealt with that last week.  She fought naps like crazy, cried going down to bed at night and wanted to eat all night long.  We also took away the swaddle becaSuse she was so close to rolling and then finally did.  It lasted just over a week and now things are much better!  It takes less than five minutes to get her down for most naps and bedtime.  Her naps have also extended and we usually get at least one or two 2 hour naps and then one more that's about an hour.  She does roll over though and sleep on her tummy.  And when she is awake, we just put her on the floor as much as possible so she can practice her rolling and not have to wake up and do it at 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 am like she was doing a week ago.  Good luck! 

You give me hope Kmhsswim! I've had her on the floor as much as possible today to roll her heart out... hoping it helps and that naps get longer at some point. We get a whole 1/2 hour at a time here and after a bad night of sleep - it's just not long enough for either of us!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Little man used to sleep 8 hours and now we're back to every 2 hours. He wakes up about an hour after going down screaming bloody murder and there is little that can be done to calm him down. It's rough, but I'm hoping it passes soon...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD is doing this right now as well. My DH was up with her at 1, 2, 3 and then I was up with her 5-6am this morning. She had been sleeping 6-8 hours a night. I finally looked in her mouth and her gums are swollen so she is teething so I think that's why she's having trouble sleeping. But why is she having trouble at night and not during the day?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"