April 2011 Moms

playtex drop-ins

Do any of you use these? We use born free bottles but i think i want to try these for an upcoming 10 day camping adventure to help with clean up. Also have you tried the target brand drop-ins? Do they work as well? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: playtex drop-ins

• We used drop-ins for a while, but ultimately I got sick of buying (and wasting) liners all the time and squishing out the air. I probably wouldn't try a new bottle on a camping trip though. Cleanup seemed to be easy in theory, but there always seemed to be formula on the bottle part of it every time anyway so everything got washed after one use like regular bottles anyhow plus the addition of adding a liner. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • We use them and like them a lot.  I'm too lazy to wash all the parts of the BreastFlow which we were using for the first 8 weeks. 

The target drop-ins work fine, but the measurements are completely off because the playtex brand liners expand.  For awhile I was using the target brand liners and making the formula in another bottle, but I decided that using the name brand was worth the extra money because I didn't have to wash another thing. 

LO likes the brown rubber nipples better than the clear ones.

• Loading the player...
  • I love using my playtex drop in! Super easy and all you have to wash is the nipple!

Sounds like a fun trip!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD also only likes the brown nipple!

Can you tell me more about squeezing the air out???? NO idea we were supposed to do that!!!!!!!

• I've used drop ins (and the Target liners) for all three kids with no issues.  I've never squeezed air out of the liner so I don't think that's necessary.  But, I would not switch bottles just for a camping trip.
    imageimageimage
  • About the air... Linus is very gassy so it was squeeze the air out of them or not use them. I could tell a difference in him when we didn't. I never had a problem with the liner coming out of place, just found it a nuisance. Again, though, he has gas and tummy problems. We've switched to dr. browns because of it..
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • yes Target brand works just as well.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards