January 2011 Moms

Amandabrown

I just want to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one who openly says "yall" on the internet.  I giggle every time I see you say it too Big Smile
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Amandabrown

• HAHAHAHA! I usually say "you guys" in real life, but I feel weird saying that to a group of all women... *high five* we'd totally be BFFs IRL.
  • I've always gone back and forth between "you guys" and "yall".  I grew up in Pa so I got made fun of so much for saying yall but my whole family does!  Once I got to Georgia people stopped making fun of me for saying it haha!  We totally would!!  I can see it now...sitting around in pj's, making brownies, me bugging you to sew me cool new things all the time, Simon and Emalyn growing up and making cute red headed babies (in like 30 years). Stupid distance!
  • Loading the player...
  • omg YES to everything you said! LOL! Georgia's not THAT far.... ;) 

• Do you say it IRL? I do and I am not even from the south.
  • imagejcole32444:
    Do you say it IRL? I do and I am not even from the south.

I go back and forth between y'all and you guys. That's the ONLY thing I say that sounds southern. I'm always getting people asking me where I'm from "cuz you don't talk like you's from 'round here" lol! kidding, but yeah... i

• imageamandabrown530:

omg YES to everything you said! LOL! Georgia's not THAT far.... ;) 

Only 12 1/2 hours LOL!  We actually had the option to move to Fort Hood a few months ago but we decided not to go.  We could have done so many day trips!  Maybe one day Big Smile

• imagejcole32444:
    Do you say it IRL? I do and I am not even from the south.

I do and DH (and everyone else not from here) makes fun of me :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • julie - How far are you from Savannah?
  • imageSweetHurricane:
    julie - How far are you from Savannah?

Mr. Google says about 4 hours.  I've heard it's beautiful in Savannah!  Do you like it?

• imagejuliebean071:
    imageamandabrown530:

Only 12 1/2 hours LOL!  We actually had the option to move to Fort Hood a few months ago but we decided not to go.  We could have done so many day trips!  Maybe one day Big Smile

What's in between? Maybe next summer when Joshua's out of school again we could meet up for a week long vaca, lol. :)

• imagejuliebean071:

imageSweetHurricane:

Mr. Google says about 4 hours.  I've heard it's beautiful in Savannah!  Do you like it?

Yes! It's gorgeous here and everyone is so nice. We came from California and they say people there are "soft", but in my experience they were very cold. So happy to be back in the South.

How far are you from Atlanta? I may be going in October.

• imageamandabrown530:
    imagejuliebean071:
    imageamandabrown530:

What's in between? Maybe next summer when Joshua's out of school again we could meet up for a week long vaca, lol. :)

OMG I would LOVE to but we're moving to North Carolina this winter/spring Crying  

Maybe if he has a long weekend we could meet up somewhere in between?  

• imageSweetHurricane:
    imagejuliebean071:

imageSweetHurricane:

Yes! It's gorgeous here and everyone is so nice. We came from California and they say people there are "soft", but in my experience they were very cold. So happy to be back in the South.

I'm only an hour and a half from Atlanta!  We'll still be here in October too!  There's a huge aquarium up there and the zoo is open 365 days a year and is only $17 with a military ID  Big Smile

• imagejuliebean071:
    imageSweetHurricane:
    imagejuliebean071:

imageSweetHurricane:

I'm only an hour and a half from Atlanta!  We'll still be here in October too!  There's a huge aquarium up there and the zoo is open 365 days a year and is only $17 with a military ID  Big Smile

We went to the aquarium in March (it was awesome!), but we didn't make it to the zoo. DH has an all day car race he wants to go to at Road Atlanta (in Braselton). I was thinking of going with him and taking DD to the zoo that day. It's Oct 1st. I'll let you know closer to the date, maybe we can GTG!

PS - I'm jealous of you going to Bragg. That was one of my first choices.

• imageSweetHurricane:
    imagejuliebean071:
    imageSweetHurricane:
    imagejuliebean071:

imageSweetHurricane:

We went to the aquarium in March (it was awesome!), but we didn't make it to the zoo. DH has an all day car race he wants to go to at Road Atlanta (in Braselton). I was thinking of going with him and taking DD to the zoo that day. It's Oct 1st. I'll let you know closer to the date, maybe we can GTG!

PS - I'm jealous of you going to Bragg. That was one of my first choices.

I've never been to the aquarium and want to go so bad!  I'm trying to convince DH to take us before we leave.  A GTG at the zoo sounds like so much fun!  Just let me know.

I'm so nervous about going to Bragg!  This is my first PCS and we don't know anybody there.  I moved straight from my moms house to here so I have no idea how PCSing actually works.  Plus, DH knew people down here and that made it a little easier.   Can I ask why you wanted to go to Bragg so bad?  Is there amazingness there that I don't know about?

• imagejuliebean071:
    imageamandabrown530:
    imagejuliebean071:
    imageamandabrown530:

OMG I would LOVE to but we're moving to North Carolina this winter/spring Crying  

Maybe if he has a long weekend we could meet up somewhere in between?  

Memphis or Little Rock are both sorta in the middle. lol! DH and I are always trying to find an excuse to go back to Memphis for some Rendezvous ribs! mmmmmmm. But if that's not possible my BIL and SIL live near the naval base in Norfolk, VA which isn't far at all from North Carolina. :) We could totally make that work.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"