Mississippi Babies

Garden Park Hospital

My DS is having a UGI and ultrasound at Garden Park next week and possibly surgery (he'll have to stay over night). I've been to the ER twice and was not impressed at all. I swore I'd never go back to Garden Park, but we don't have a choice in this matter with DS. Has anyone had any good experiences with other aspects of the hospital? The nursery, surgeons, ect?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Garden Park Hospital

• I honestly don't know anything about Garden Park, but if you are unhappy with it, why not see if he can come to Batson and have it done?  Your in my thoughts and prayers that it all goes well with your DS!
  • I've taken the birthing class through Garden Park. I met some of the staff when we had done a tour. From what I could see, I have no complaints about the facility. I have been told by other women who have delivered there that it is nice and clean. I wish I had more information for you. But PLEASE keep me posted. I am due any day now, and so far I am unpleased with my healthcare provider. If you have good news I'd like to know, I will be delivering there.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've talked to 2 mom friends of mine and both say to find somewhere else. IF he has to have the surgery, we are going to look into Blaire Batson in Jackson. We have to be there in the morning at 745 for the UGI and U/S. I'll try to give ya an update tomorrow afternoon sometime.

Banghart-DS's pedi works with Garden Park and I absolutely love her. I'm sure she wont be doing the surgery tho. If she is, then we may stay with G.P.

• No surgery for DS!!!! He has a really bad case of reflux. His pedi has him on 2 meds and switched his formula. Hopefully that will all help.

As far as today's experience with Garden Park, I was actually satisfied with them. The doctors, nurses, and techs we interacted with were all very nice and helpful.

• I'm glad to hear that! I on the other hand, am getting frusterated w/ the CNMs at Garden Park. At all of my appointments, I've had to wait about an hour just to be seen, even when it's a scheduled appointment. Today I am 40 wks and 1 day, my appointment was scheduled last week and I waited an hour and 15min. I couldn't wait any longer, so I had to reschedule for tomarrow. I am sooo very annoyed that I'm hoping my water breaks while I'm waiting just so they can realize they have a scheduling promblem!
  • Oh wow, that sucks. I've only had limited experience with GP. Once I had a nerve thing done there, and after waiting FOREVER the staff was nice.  2 with the ER and I swore I'd never go back after them (one ended with a mis-diagnosis). But I LOVE our pedi and she works with GP. Thats the only reason DS' 2 tests were there. Good luck with your delivery, hope all goes well!
  • I know your post was forever ago, but I finally had my son July 12th and it's been crazy! I hope you and the LO are doing well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"