March 2012 Moms

Anyone else totally grossed out by food?

Ick... I'll be eleven weeks in two days, and I don't know why, but everything I typically make for dinner is totally grossing me out. : I still love eating out, and I still love fruits... but something about actually fixing food I think makes me want to gag (even though I've had no puking whatsoever!). Then I feel miserable all through dinner. I don't know what to do now that all my recipes are gross to me- has this happened to anyone else? What to do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else totally grossed out by food?

• Over the past four weeks I rarely find a food that.doesn't gross me out. If I happen to think of something tht doesn't sound vomit.inducing it usually.does.end up inducing said.vomit...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• I feel the same way when I cook food, some times even when I think about certain foods. ugh. Fruit no longer sounds good, I mostly want salty foods, occasionally I'll want a couple small candies. But mostly I want to eat out, I think it's the less I think about the foods I eat right now the more it still sounds good when I eat it. It is really weird. Hopefully it will get better soon. gl

• Loading the player...
  • YES!! I have been driving my DH nuts with the faces I make while watching Food Network or smelling food being made in the kitchen.  I think meat is definitely what makes me feel sick so I am sticking with pasta, grains, tomato anything, and fruits/veggies for now.  I haven't thrown up but think I will just continue to think most food is gross so I try to keep the house well ventilated when cooking is going on and drink tons of water, which seems to help.
  • I'm not grossed out by food... But rather, how some of it sits. The other day I puked into the sink 6 HOURS after eating... and it was really disgusting how little of it was digested. I was really hungry and ate the same meal at 11 this morning... and haven't eaten since because it's still in my stomach. :x I may not make that dish again for a looooooong time. Or if I do, I won't be eating any.
  • Yes I am grossed out by lots of food and just thinking about it makes me feel nauseas! Ugh. I'm ok with dry cereal, fruits, most drinks, and vegetables. Other things pretty much, no thank you.
  • The aftertaste and aftersmell is what disgusts me anymore.  Right now my hands smell like onions and I can't get the smell off.  I can't put down my caf-free pepsi for more than a min and drink it again- the smell smells like burps to me.  so weird.
  • I am totally on the same page.  I made french toast with fresh challah bread and bacon for breakfast this morning, and as I started to plate it, I got a whiff of it and ran to the bathroom dry heaving.  At least DH got to enjoy.... I also find that especially at dinner, I feel okay halfway through the meal then feel totally nauseous.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I was having a really hard time with this and lost a lot of weight, but I started zofran yesterday and it's helping a lot so far. Not sure if that would be an option for you since you're not throwing up, but nonetheless I'm sorry you're going through this- hope it clears up soon!
    Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am totally unable to prepare food.  Its horrible because DH works 12 hours shifts so at least 3 days a week (its a weird rotating schedule) he is gone and not home for dinner. My dinners are usually weird things like a bagel at 5, hashbrowns at 6:30 and cereal at 8. I just cant prepare things...or once I do I dont want it. I am trying to get him to make things for me and we will freeze them so that I can eat!

I also hope it will pass once the first trimester is over?

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm the same way.  Except I can't go out to eat.  The smells of a restaurant make me worse.  I don't even try and eat "dinner" anymore.  Poor DH has been on his own for meals since week 8.  I just stand in front of the fridge and do my little whine "but nooooothing sounds gooooooood".  He did go grocery shopping and filled up the fridge and pantry so I have a ton of choices, but still nothing sounds good.  Or it is a matter of "what do I want to throw up in a little bit?".

I woke up early today and had a bowl of cereal.  Didn't even make it past 5 bites and I got sick.  I have thrown up pretty close to all of my favorite foods, which I hope I can still eat down the road.

• I'm grossed out by a lot of foods. I can hardly think of anything that sounds appetizing. I've been eating lots of raw veggies though.

He does the cooking since the smells nauseate me.

• Yes!  I have to talk myself into cooking and a lot of times just to eat something.  I haven't thrown up yet but sometimes I feel like I'm about to.  It's weird though, once I start eating I usually feel better.  I just keep telling myself......3 more weeks, 3 more weeks:)
  • Glad to see I'm not the only one, LOL. I always heard about ridiculous pregnancy cravings... but now that I'm actually pregnant, I've had no cravings whatsoever, but a whole lotta aversions! So weird. Why does nobody ever talk about this?

So is this one of those things that is supposed to clear up after the first trimester?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"