April 2011 Moms

ladies who haven't gotten AF yet

Are you taking pregnancy tests? I'm just curious.... I totally felt like AF was coming at the beginning of this week and still nothing. I haven't had those pains since before I got pregnant, so i was super sure that she was going to start coming. Test was negative though, so i'm not really sure what's going on. Now every thing I do people are like "maybe you're pregnant.'

Anyways, just curious what you are doing in that area. Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ladies who haven't gotten AF yet

• I have found that abstinence has been pretty effective at preventing pregnancy (giggling)...
    Stephanie Hsu
  • imagestephanie_shoe:
    I have found that abstinence has been pretty effective at preventing pregnancy (giggling)...

not really sure if this was supposed to be sarcastic, or helpful, but it doesn't really answer my question. 

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't but I'm bf'ing.  I didn't get it until 7 months pp with ds-when I started feeding a lot of solids and my bf'ing amount went down.  I'm not worried that I'm pregnant.  I figure if I happen to be (we're using protection, so it's hopefully not going to happen!)  I'll figure it out-I felt terrible when I was pregnant with ds and dd!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't gotten AF, but I did have a week a few weeks back where I felt terrible and honestly wondered if I wasn't PG.  I keep a small stash of Dollar Tree PG tests on hand and took one to ease my mind.
    imageimageimage
  • I am not taking tests but I get my once a month hormonal migraine, so that is my reassurance that I am not PG!   If I was worried that I was I would take a test.  I guess to answer your question, if you are wondering, just take a test to ease your mind.
  • imageMrsMackenzie2010:

imagestephanie_shoe:
    I have found that abstinence has been pretty effective at preventing pregnancy (giggling)...

not really sure if this was supposed to be sarcastic, or helpful, but it doesn't really answer my question. 

I'm pretty sure she means that she hasn't gotten AF, but hasn't had sex, so there's no way she could be pregnant.  And I completely agree, abstinence is pretty effective :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Lol I love the abstinence quote :), but maybe this will be helpful:  I stopped breastfeeding 10 weeks ago and still no AF.  Terrified, I took a test; negative.  I called my doctor and she said that if I go 3 months from when I stopped bf and I still don't have it, that I should go in and they would give me something to get it going.  She said that bf "screws all that up" so don't be worried if you're breastfeeding and it doesn't come back.
  • I found that every few months while BFing Drew I'd be CERTAIN that I was getting my period b/c I'd feel exactly like I used to before AF showed up - crampy, lower back ache, sluggish.  But nothing would happen.  I've been told that it's normal to feel some PMS symptoms from time to time while BFing and that it's just related to hormones.

I BF'd Drew for 14.5 months and never got AF back.  I took several tests over the course of that time - just to set my mind at ease.   I never really thought I was PG b/c we were using protection, but it made me feel better to see the negative and know for sure.

Of course...when Drew was about 13 months I took one of those test "just in case" and it came back positive.  Glad I checked that time so I could get some prenatal care.  I was already 9 weeks by the time I got that BFP!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have not taken one yet bc we haven't really had sex, but I did order a bunch of cheapos to have on hand. I am BFing so I don't expect to get it back anytime soon, but I think I will test once a month just for peace of mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Almost 5m pp BF no AF, have taken 3 test so far.  We stopped using protection that's why I have taken the test.  We want our LOs close in age.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thank you everyone! Maybe i will get a some cheapies to keep on hand just to keep peace of mind. :-)
  • imageMrsMackenzie2010:
    thank you everyone! Maybe i will get a some cheapies to keep on hand just to keep peace of mind. :-)

https://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Pregnancy-Test-Strips-50-count/dp/B004AOMAOG/ref=lh_ni_t

These are awesome to have around for peace of mind.  Cheap and accurate.  I got my BFP for DD on these before getting a digital test. 

But three things remain: faith, hope and love; the greatest of these is love. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • It will make you crazy. I'm in the same boat, but until I start feeling nauseous I'm not going to buy any HPT. You could just test once a month until you get AF, I suppose. Your body will do crazy and annoying things for a while yet, it's all part of the "fun" of postpartum.
    Old nestie, new name: formerly ckolak:-)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Mama's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird
  • No, but I'm BFing, have the Mirena and have only had sex twice since the twins arrived. I BFed C for 14 months (had the Mirena in for 12 of those months) and didn't get my period again until after I had the Mirena removed to TTC. I'm not worried. If you think it will make you feel better, stock up on the Internet cheapies and test each month.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"