Boston Babies

Diaper Pails

Do I go w/ the Diaper Genie? Dekor? or, do what a friend did, get ziplocks & put the diapers in there & throw out.  This is my 1st so I am reading the reviews & it says newborn poop doesn't smell, it's when they get older and/or on solid foods that it starts to stink.  I don't want to gag every time I open whatever pail.

Please help!  Thx.

Re: Diaper Pails

• Sorry can't help with Diaper Genie or Dekor as I use cloth. Not trying to be the green police here or anything. But I would plead with you not to put diapers in a ziplock and throw them out. Not only will it cost you a fortune - the additional plastic is torture on landfills. Even if a disposable diaper has a chance to breakdown in a landfill, it def. won't get a shot wrapped up in a ziplock.

Newborn poop (esp. if BF) won't smell much, if at all. If I might offer one other suggestion, once your LO gets some solid poops, consider dumping it in the toilet. Soo helpful not to have human waste in the landfills.

Sorry I don't mean to be an anal green crunchy chic here.. just thought I'd offer up a couple thoughts. :)

• We used the Baby Trend Diaper Champ and liked it.  IMO, I wouldn't use one that requires you to buy special refills (like the Genie or Dekor), but that's just me - it's a pain and can get $$.  Either way, I would definitely recommend getting a diaper pail - the convenience factor alone is so worth it.  GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have this one and I love it. No expensive bag refills to buy and there's a spot in the lid for baking soda to help absorb odor--but even without the baking soda this keeps the stink in really well! (Those carrot and banana poops are rancid!)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00083HK0M

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"