Parenting after a Loss
Options

There are women on my BMB who are KU again already

They seem happy about it, so good for them and all, but...personally that sounds like complete and total hell.

If I'm being honest.

Re: There are women on my BMB who are KU again already

• Options
    That sounds like total hell. Being honest and all. I love my IUD. 
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think being on my BMB and being KU sounds like hell, I don't even want to imagine what life would be like if I were on your BMB and KU.

But, if that's what they have going for them, to each her own.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No lies. Being pregnant again right now does not compute for me. Not one little bit.
    Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Options

imageAmanda78:
    That sounds like total hell. Being honest and all. I love my IUD

Yes

• Options

I agree with you. Here is the thing though, MOST babies are super easy for about the first year-18 months. Once they get moving and talking and THINKING, all hell breaks loose. I can see thinking, "Oh this baby thing is so easy..I can easily handle 2" at 3-4 months, but in reality, Tongue Tied

The plus side is getting over the hellacious period all at one time, and much faster than say, me, who will have several years of child-led anarchy. And having kids close together is and automatic BFF, which is cool.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Options
    Two under one sounds like hell to me too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    To each their own, not my cup of tea. I just lurked on the Apr board and the most recent KU member is a former PGAL grad
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I cannot even fathom getting pregnant again right now. Having a nb is so friggin hard, I had no idea.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagePrincessDi80:
    To each their own, not my cup of tea. I just lurked on the Apr board and the most recent KU member is a former PGAL grad

Yep, I remember her. I think she also has a stepchild. Busy mama!

DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
  • Options
    imageGummybear:

I agree with you. Here is the thing though, MOST babies are super easy for about the first year-18 months. Once they get moving and talking and THINKING, all hell breaks loose. I can see thinking, "Oh this baby thing is so easy..I can easily handle 2" at 3-4 months, but in reality, Tongue Tied

The plus side is getting over the hellacious period all at one time, and much faster than say, me, who will have several years of child-led anarchy. And having kids close together is and automatic BFF, which is cool.

I did not get one of these babies. Not that I would trade her for the easiest baby in the world, I certainly wouldn't.

But yeah. DH talked me into another one, and sooner than I would have thought, but I think our current nightly meltdowns has even him rethinking.

• Options
    imageScout05:
    imageGummybear:

I did not get one of these babies. Not that I would trade her for the easiest baby in the world, I certainly wouldn't.

But yeah. DH talked me into another one, and sooner than I would have thought, but I think our current nightly meltdowns has even him rethinking.

So far my #2 is not an easy baby either :) 

If it makes you feel any better, my #1 was an angell. ANGEL. Easiest baby in the entire world. But she is possibly the most opinionated, crafty, stubborn, energetic, talkative (read: non-stop chatter), meltdown-prone preschooler ever.

So C may be an angelic older child, which will be perfect when you have another one!

Upcoming Races
  • Options
    imagekathymarie:
    I cannot even fathom getting pregnant again right now. Having a nb is so friggin hard, I had no idea.
    . This. I am still waiting to feel like a normal person and not a BM dispensing machine or automatic white noise rocker.
  • Options
    I'm scared sh*tless, actually. This was not planned and I have no idea how we're going to do it. My biggest worry right now is if I'll be able to keep BFing Matthew while pregnant with Surprise Baby. And how I'll have the energy/strength/mental capacity to get through first tri with a 4 month old. And how the h3ll I'm going to manage taking care of two babies. And God forbid I lose this baby & I have to figure out how to be a mom & cope with another loss.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • Options

imagenormajeane6126:
    I'm scared sh*tless, actually. This was not planned and I have no idea how we're going to do it. My biggest worry right now is if I'll be able to keep BFing Matthew while pregnant with Surprise Baby. And how I'll have the energy/strength/mental capacity to get through first tri with a 4 month old. And how the h3ll I'm going to manage taking care of two babies. And God forbid I lose this baby & I have to figure out how to be a mom & cope with another loss.

Congratulations!! Thats a good surprise.

• Options

imagenormajeane6126:

It must be amazingly overwhelming. And knowing you'll make it through - because you will - doesn't mean it's less overwhelming, I'm sure.

Do you have a good LC who can work with you? They seem to be an amazing resource for BFing moms, for the most part.

• Options
    imageScout05:

They seem happy about it, so good for them and all, but...personally that sounds like complete and total hell.

If I'm being honest.

I was just thinking that!!!  Total Hell!

~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • Options
    imageelisbu:Congratulations!! Thats a good surprise.

Thank you 

imageScout05:

It must be amazingly overwhelming. And knowing you'll make it through - because you will - doesn't mean it's less overwhelming, I'm sure.

Do you have a good LC who can work with you? They seem to be an amazing resource for BFing moms, for the most part.

I definitely feel overwhelmed. Finding a good LC is on my list (I've been lucky enough to have not needed one since leaving the hospital), along with about a million other things. But for right now, my number one priority is showering Matthew with as much love as humanly possible. 

Baby Turtle- May 2010
  • Options
    _bitches_ be crazy. I could never, ever in a hundred thousand million years handle 2 u 2...I'd rather scoop my own uterus out.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options
    imageScout05:
    imageGummybear:

If you looked up hardest baby on earth in the dictionary, you'd find mine. Thank god he's cute ;-)

• Options
    imageShellShockedMama:
    imageScout05:
    imageGummybear:

If you looked up hardest baby on earth in the dictionary, you'd find mine. Thank god he's cute ;-)

He's damn cute.

Your siggy is freaking me out. Clowns :::shudder:::

• Options
    I can't even fathom the idea of getting pregnant again that soon. I was thinking *maybe* when DS is two...and that's a BIG maybe. A friend of mine got pregnant around that time after her first, and now she is going BSC with a DD that just turned 1 and a 3 month old. 
  • Options
    imagenormajeane6126:
    imageelisbu:

Thank you 

imageScout05:

I definitely feel overwhelmed. Finding a good LC is on my list (I've been lucky enough to have not needed one since leaving the hospital), along with about a million other things. But for right now, my number one priority is showering Matthew with as much love as humanly possible. 

Holy crap girl! Congrats on your surprise! I can't even imagine how overwhelming that would be...but you rock and you will do great! And the bonus: you get to get the baby phase out of the way all at once!

• Options

imagefrogyie:
    imagekathymarie:
    . This. I am still waiting to feel like a normal person and not a BM dispensing machine or automatic white noise rocker.

This is hilarious as it's so incredibly accurate.  I had someone ask me today when I was planning on another one.  Um, what?  He's not even two weeks old!  I told him to talk to me in a year or two and then I'll consider trying again.

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    imagenormajeane6126:
    imageelisbu:

Thank you 

imageScout05:

(((Hugs)))  Does your pediatrician have one on staff or have one s/he can recommend?  Also, check out La Leche League.  They have support groups and can lead you to a LC in your area that can help you out.  I bet they'll have some good suggestions.  

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options

imagenormajeane6126:

Holy Cow K-. I didn't realize it was you. Congrats on your suprise baby! Sending you lots of sticky dust and sanity dust!

• Options

imageShellShockedMama:
    _bitches_ be crazy. I could never, ever in a hundred thousand million years handle 2 u 2...I'd rather scoop my own uterus out.

I can barely handle the one under 2 I currently have. Maybe if I'd gotten one of those easy-going babies who sleep. Maybe. But even then. In my current 8 months of sleep deprivation hell, no no no no. I actually took a pg test this morning just to make sure since I haven't had a cycle yet.

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageShellShockedMama:

Surprised to read something like this on this board.  I have found losses humbled me to accept/celebrate a baby whenever it comes along.  We waited 2 years before TTC#2 and conceived right away, but lost that baby, and the one after that, and the one after that... With #3, we just hoped for a healthy baby and didn't focus on the timing and I feel blessed that we are pg with a sticky LO.  We will have 2u2 for 5 months, but another child forever!  And the 5 months actually don't worry me much... age 3 is MUCH worse than any other age and I will be so happy not to worry about a newborn with a 3 year old in the house.

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

imagenormajeane6126:

Congratulations!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imageBride2b2004:

imageShellShockedMama:

Surprised to read something like this on this board.  I have found losses humbled me to accept/celebrate a baby whenever it comes along.  We waited 2 years before TTC#2 and conceived right away, but lost that baby, and the one after that, and the one after that... With #3, we just hoped for a healthy baby and didn't focus on the timing and I feel blessed that we are pg with a sticky LO.  We will have 2u2 for 5 months, but another child forever!  And the 5 months actually don't worry me much... age 3 is MUCH worse than any other age and I will be so happy not to worry about a newborn with a 3 year old in the house.

Honestly? I find that attitude a little ridiculous. Whether or not someone is capable - emotionally, physically, financially, etc. - to have another baby so soon has nothing to do with their previous struggles.

So, if I hadn't had losses and said "wow, there is no way *I* could handle another baby right now" or "wow, *I*  really don't have any desire to have 2u2," that would be okay, but I have to be open to the idea just because I had the great misfortune to lose five babies?

It has NOTHING to do with being humble. Or thankful for my child.

I could not handle being pregnant right now. It's great that you look at it as a "we'll have 2u2 for 5 months, but another child forever." I could not handle those 5 months, and there is NOTHING wrong with owning that.

Having miscarriages =/= able, or frankly willing, to have more children. Right away or ever again.  I am happy for the women that feel up to the challenge. I hope all goes well for them.

As I said in my OP, PERSONALLY, the idea is not one that appeals to me. Having had recurrent miscarriages doesn't make the idea any more appealing.

I'm doing everything I can to prevent right now. I don't see how that makes me an arrogant or ungrateful person. I'm allowed to engage in family planning the same as those who have not had losses. The idea that I'm not, and that the lesson I should have learned is to just have babies whenever, without regard to the plausibility of another child in my life right now, is laughable and insulting.

• Options
    imageBride2b2004:

imageShellShockedMama:

So....I'm not humble OR grateful for my child? Good to know. Thanks, man.I see no reasonable or intelligent reason why my feelings are invalid, there's no way I could handle two babies under two years old, and I think it's crazy for me to consider it. It's my opinion and more power to those that want babies that close in age. It's not my cup of tea and I am not any less humble than you are because of that.

Also, I find it HILARIOUS that many other people said things similar to what I said (though not in my colorful language) yet I'm the one you wagged your finger at.

Stalker clown does not approve of you. :::wags finger at crazy pants::::

• Options
    imageScout05:
    imageGummybear:

Tell it, sista!

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Options
    imageScout05:
    imageBride2b2004:

imageShellShockedMama:

Honestly? I find that attitude a little ridiculous. Whether or not someone is capable - emotionally, physically, financially, etc. - to have another baby so soon has nothing to do with their previous struggles.

So, if I hadn't had losses and said "wow, there is no way *I* could handle another baby right now" or "wow, *I*  really don't have any desire to have 2u2," that would be okay, but I have to be open to the idea just because I had the great misfortune to lose five babies?

It has NOTHING to do with being humble. Or thankful for my child.

I could not handle being pregnant right now. It's great that you look at it as a "we'll have 2u2 for 5 months, but another child forever." I could not handle those 5 months, and there is NOTHING wrong with owning that.

Having miscarriages =/= able, or frankly willing, to have more children. Right away or ever again.  I am happy for the women that feel up to the challenge. I hope all goes well for them.

As I said in my OP, PERSONALLY, the idea is not one that appeals to me. Having had recurrent miscarriages doesn't make the idea any more appealing.

I'm doing everything I can to prevent right now. I don't see how that makes me an arrogant or ungrateful person. I'm allowed to engage in family planning the same as those who have not had losses. The idea that I'm not, and that the lesson I should have learned is to just have babies whenever, without regard to the plausibility of another child in my life right now, is laughable and insulting.

Scout- My comment was specific to the "scooping out the uterus" poster I quoted saying those that do are crazy.  

SSM- Not exactly "wagging a finger" to your comment which you deem "colorful" and I would classify as some other things. 

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

Congratulations K!! I had no idea, I didn't see anything in the HH FB group yet!

I'll definitely be in the 2u2 club. My H is turning 42 in a month and wants to start trying again sooner rather then later. We're thinking early next year, so S will not be one yet when we start trying.

• Options
    imagekbel424:

Congratulations K!! I had no idea, I didn't see anything in the HH FB group yet!

I'll definitely be in the 2u2 club. My H is turning 42 in a month and wants to start trying again sooner rather then later. We're thinking early next year, so S will not be one yet when we start trying.

I'm hardly on FB these days, but I guess I should mention something over there, huh? 

Baby Turtle- May 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"