Georgia Babies

Primrose or Goddard ?

Im looking for a school for my 17 mth old. ive been told to look at Primrose and Goddard. Can anyone give me feedback on each. Also, what's the tuition? I live in Cobb County if that helps.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Primrose or Goddard ?

• We've had 2 Primrose experiences (neither in Cobb, so not sure if this will be helpful!) so far; the first in Orlando which we LOVED, and the 2nd in Charlotte (where we live now), which was sort of mediocre. I think what it came down to for us was the feeling from the teachers and administrators there.  Primrose has a great "curriculum" for little ones, and one thing I loved was the continuation of teaching sign language, even after my kiddo was verrrrry verbal!  I don't know a ton about Goddard but I hope this helps a little.  Haven't heard a bad thing about either type of school yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister in law used a Goddard school and loved it. I did a tour at Primrose on Tuesday and honestly it didn't live up to the hype that I have heard about Primrose, but they are independtly operated so perhaps it was just that location. I do know that Primrose offers trial days, so you could try them out that way.
  • Loading the player...
  • I researched both primrose and goddard (and a few others actually) when DD was 4 mos old (back in 2006).  I just had a better feeling at the goddard than I did at either of the primrose's I went to (one closer to home one closer to work...neither in Cobb though, sorry).  We ended up at Goddard.  We moved about 2 years later and again, researched Goddard and Primrose.  THIS time, I actually liked them both pretty equal, but went with the Goddard mainly because we had already been there and I did like the staff.  I think they are both good schools and follow good curriculums.  They are franchises though, so I think you just need to visit both and see how you feel there, interact with the teachers and the office staff (owner and/or director).  You just might click better with one set than the other.  Also, when I looked they were pretty equally priced as well, so that made it more of a "feeling" decision.
  • Our 15mo old attends Primrose. Has been there since he was 5 months. We love it because it's not "daycare". He learns a lot. He speaks and signs. We have no complaints about the Midtown location. We were not 100% satisfied with the first location he attended. Yes, owners and directors make a difference. We LOVE IT!
  • What part of Cobb?  Gavin goes to Goddard in Smyrna- its halfway between our house and our work.  I have been really pleased so far.  He has been there since last Nov.  The curriculum is great and I feel like he has been exposed to so much more than I ever dreamt of at 3.5 years old.  Prior to coming here, Gavin had been at daycare at my office (which is where Sophie is now).  They were going thru a transition and I was not happy with things there and he wasn't progressing in potty training or speech.  But as soon as he got to Goddard, he mastered potty training (for them) really quickly and his language exploded.  This might sound silly to some, but my favorite part of Goddard is the DETAILED daily sheet that tells me what they did, what he participated in, what he ate, and most of all- they give us a "memorable moment" for the day.  Something cute or funny or smart that he did.  That is our favorite thing- we read it out loud in the car and praise him and he just eats it up :-)  So simple but such a big impact.

As for pricing, its not cheap... but everytime that I start to complain about it, DH reminds me how happy I am and the peace of mind that I have leaving there is worth it.  I was so frustrated prior to coming here- but now I have complete peace with where both kids are.  We are planning to move Sophie here when she turns 1 as well (she's still BF so its easier to have her at my office- and I LOVE her teachers too so there is no reason to move her yet).  Gavin only goes 3 days a week so I don't really even know what their full time rates are (my head would probably explode). 

As for Primrose, the one up here in Kennesaw near our house was a close runner up.  I felt like their curriculum was equally as good and I had a good overall feeling about the center.  In the end, we just weren't sure that we could make it up here before closing if traffic was bad so Smyrna seemed like the better location.  But no matter which brand you choose, you need to visit the center and see for yourself.  They are all independently operated and can be very different.  You can email me if you have more specific questions about Goddard- slwprincess at gmail dot com

• Our Primrose (not in Cobb) is awesome.  We absolutely adore it, our teachers, owners, and directors.  We have friends that use the one off of Bells Ferry and they really like theirs too.  I never toured the Goddard in Smyrna, just emailed, and the owner was friendly.  As PPs have said, since they are franchises, it really depends on who owns it so definitely visit both.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"