Postpartum Depression

Intro and is this PPD?

Hello I am a FTM, my little girl is 2 months old and I am still on maternity leave for another month or so.  I love everything about being a mommy, I love breastfeeding her, changing poopy diapers and I don't mind the sleep deprivation...although she's sleeping much better at night now.  My problem is with my husband...I feel so detached from him, I have to force myself to interact with him, not just intimately but even to speak to him and ask him how his day went.  We will be celebrating our First wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks and I am kind of dreading having him around, he's planning on taking a long weekend like he did for my birthday last week.  All we did on his extended weekend was fight, the fights I know were my fault because I'd snap at him and I could see myself from the outside just being plan nasty to him but I couldn't do anything about it.  He's a wonderful husband and father and we've always had a great relationship...we've been together 8 years married 1...but for some reason now I can't stand him!  Is this PPD?  What could I do besides avoid him...I think to protect him from my moods I've been becoming distant and detached from him.  I rarely talk to him and we haven't slept in the same room for a while now...What should I do?   Thank you so much for any advice!! 
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and is this PPD?

• imagenaddles:
    Hello I am a FTM, my little girl is 2 months old and I am still on maternity leave for another month or so.  I love everything about being a mommy, I love breastfeeding her, changing poopy diapers and I don't mind the sleep deprivation...although she's sleeping much better at night now.  My problem is with my husband...I feel so detached from him, I have to force myself to interact with him, not just intimately but even to speak to him and ask him how his day went.  We will be celebrating our First wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks and I am kind of dreading having him around, he's planning on taking a long weekend like he did for my birthday last week.  All we did on his extended weekend was fight, the fights I know were my fault because I'd snap at him and I could see myself from the outside just being plan nasty to him but I couldn't do anything about it.  He's a wonderful husband and father and we've always had a great relationship...we've been together 8 years married 1...but for some reason now I can't stand him!  Is this PPD?  What could I do besides avoid him...I think to protect him from my moods I've been becoming distant and detached from him.  I rarely talk to him and we haven't slept in the same room for a while now...What should I do?   Thank you so much for any advice!! 

I could have written this post myself.  The problem with PPD is that it manifests differently for everyone.  For me, personally, it was trouble bonding with my babies and uncontrollable (irrational) anger towards my husband.  If you think this may be PPD, talk to a doctor and talk to him about how you are feeling.  He needs to understand that what you're experiencing isn't "you," and that you need his support.  If you look at my blog, one of the first postings describes how I felt towards my husband.  Good luck!

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"