Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

surprise

I may be having a surprise pregnancy here and I need an OBGYN ---ASAP!!  Anyone have any good recommendations-I'm in Keller/Southlake.  Also, any opinions/experience with delivering at Grapevine Baylor or North Hills Hospital?  My other two children were each born in different states so I don't have any leads here yet--thanks for any help!

Re: surprise

• Congrats!

I love Dr. Barbara Chen at Heritage Women's.  They are at the Baylor Grapevine.

I believe she is also opening a Keller office one day a week. This is my first so I don't have any experience with the hospital.  She is very laid back and will let you have your own birth plan.  All she requires is a saline-locked IV.  She just had her first child in May.  I liked that she has recently experienced childbirth.

Good Luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Please see my reply to post right below this one.
  • Loading the player...
  • DO NOT go to North Hills for any medical reason...ever. It is a shady, shady place. Baylor Grapevine is fantastic and a great place to have a baby. I see Dr. Rebecca Robert at Comprehensive Women's Healthcare on the first floor of Baylor Grapevine. www.grapevineob.com
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I delivered at Grapevine Baylor just a few months ago and was very pleased with the hospital.  I am a FTM and the staff was very helpful.  We had one nurse who was just full of information and we really appreciated her help.  The hospital allows visitors during visiting hours and one person can stay in your room overnight (couch rotates into a bed).  There is a "snuggle time" from 2-4:00 every day where no one is allowed to come into your room uninvited (unless you need help) and visitors are not allowed during that time (except hubby).  We definitely appreciated that.  The baby can stay in your room as much as you want.  Our daughter only went to the nursery for check-ups.  The hospital also offers a lot of classes ahead of time - birthing classes, CPR, classes for Dads, cesarian birth, and birthing brush-up (for repeat moms).  I had a cesarian section and was glad I had it there.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions!  I met with Dr. Chen (she had immediate availability) and she is so, so nice and delivers at Baylor.  We're on our way to three kids!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"