April 2011 Moms
Options

Moms of boys-- testicle ?

Hi,

I just noticed that one of our baby's testicles moves up and down and the other doesn't.  I'm worried.  Has anyone noticed this or talked to pedi about it?  I will call tomorrow but thought I might be able to get some insight sooner.  The little guy is 3.5 months.  Thanks! 

Re: Moms of boys-- testicle ?

• Options
    Hmmmm.  My son's testicles don't really move at all.  I hadn't even thought anything of it.  Please update if you find out anything from your pedi!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    Our LO has one testicle that is larger than the other. The larger one does not retract like the smaller one does. Our pedi referred us to a surgeon who determined he has a harmless hydrocele (a pocket of fluid) in the larger testicle, but explained that our pedi was concerned enough to issue a referral b/c it could have been a hernia. Definitely make sure you check with the pedi, better safe than sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When you say "move up and down" do you mean retract up in to the body from time to time?

Drew's testicles didn't descend until he was almost 18 months.  Now they seem to go "up and down" all the time - sometimes descended, sometimes retracted.  Our pedi referred us to a pediatric urologist a while back just to have it looked at and make sure it was okay.  Urologist said no problem, just want to make sure they eventually stay descended.  Pedi will be following up.

It never hurts to ask at your next appointment.  Assuming nothing is swollen, red, or painful, I don't think it's anything you need to call in for.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"