April 2011 Moms
Options

Does anyone still have their brown line?

Liam will be 16 weeks tomorrow and I still have the brown line on my stomach. It has faded a lot. Does anyone else still have their line? How long does it usually take to go away? Or is their anything I can do to help get rid of it? TIA!
photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Does anyone still have their brown line?

• Options
    Yup, hasn't shown any sign of getting lighter either.
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• Options
    Yep. Mine has gotten lighter but that's not saying a lot. It was pretty beast. I've heard that it will disappear when we stop breastfeeding.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, it's still there!  If only we could get our body back to prepregnancy state instantly.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Barely. I can see it, but I doubt anyone else would with the naked eye.

Try this trick: Grab a fairly rough exfoliating sponge (I use a natural one) or rag. Wet it a bit in the shower and rub it in small, circular motions over the line every couple days in the shower. It fades it quite a bit. 

• Options
    Still have mine.  I noticed the other day that I think it is starting to fade a little.  It was really dark to begin with.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

imageimage
  • Options
    I do.  Don't remember how long it took to go away after DDs, but it did eventually fade to almost gone.
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageVespah:
    Yup, hasn't shown any sign of getting lighter either.

this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have mine.  I think it's gotten lighter. Mine didn't go away with ds until I was about 7 or 8 months pp.
  • Options
    Yeah - it's lightened up quite a bit but not completely gone :(
  • Options
    Mine is still there, just lighter but still totally visible.  With my older DD it did fade completely and went away, it just takes time, I have no worries this line will totally fade too :o)
  • Options
    I just had to go look in the mirror to see. It looks like it's pretty much gone - luckily it never got that dark to begin with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just have it from the belly button down, but it's getting lighter. 
  • Options

I actually just lifted up my shirt to check  Embarrassed

It has faded a bit since I stopped BFing, but it's still there. I've gotten a bit of a tan too, so that could be why. My OB said it will fade over time and most women will lose it completely by 9mos pp. Exfoliating can help, but won't "erase it" by any means, so don't go scrubbing with a brillo pad  Stick out tongue

ETA: my line didn't show up until after delivery... weird!

• Options
    Mine is still there, just a little lighter.  I don't mind it being there, it's a little reminder of the beautiful little girl I successfully carried.
    But three things remain: faith, hope and love; the greatest of these is love. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

During my pregnancy I didn't have a line there at all - it only showed up after the fact, but it has faded quite a bit in the last month or so.

I also recommend exfoliating the spot gently every once and awhile.

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"