April 2011 Moms

Daddy dilemma update

Thanks again to those of you who offered suggestions. We had a big talk last night and the topics ranged from caring for Jack, to what if I get sick again (I have a wicked autoimmune disease that can flare and leave me unable to walk) to the fung shui of the house (he doesn't like it???) to chores, our expectations of marriage and life with children. We have discussed parenting styles in the past but it's so different now that there is an actual child. He is really not sure how to deal with Jack at this age and he is intimidated by it being very natural to me. I talked to him about baby Charlotte and what if we were only guaranteed 36 hours with Jack. I told him that Jack is already such a cool little guy and I felt really sad that he was missing it all. So we have a plan to get things back in order. Last night he helped change, bathe and feed. He also read stories. Which is huge because he hates to read. I love it so Jack already has a library. I think we get so focused on baby and everything surrounding that, that we forget that we also have to be kind to each other. We are working on a plan to get me out of the house more. Not a done deal but a work in progress. Thanks again
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daddy dilemma update

• Sounds like it went really well! I hope it continues to go well. Please keep us updated!
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • that sounds like a wonderful positive talk :) congrats
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad you guys talked, and I hope things improve.
  • Yay! I'm so glad it went well! I vote for working out or a book club as places to escape to :-) 

By the way, your pregnancy ticker is still going, and you're 55 weeks pregnant. YIKES! Surprise

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Haha I can't get the stupid thing off there. Can you imagine being that pregnant???

• imagecampbaby76:
    Haha I can't get the stupid thing off there. Can you imagine being that pregnant???

It scares me every time I see it and makes me hope I'm not an elephant in a future incarnation :-)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Happy you were able to talk.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecampbaby76:
    Thanks again to those of you who offered suggestions. We had a big talk last night and the topics ranged from caring for Jack, to what if I get sick again (I have a wicked autoimmune disease that can flare and leave me unable to walk) to the fung shui of the house (he doesn't like it???) to chores, our expectations of marriage and life with children. We have discussed parenting styles in the past but it's so different now that there is an actual child. He is really not sure how to deal with Jack at this age and he is intimidated by it being very natural to me. I talked to him about baby Charlotte and what if we were only guaranteed 36 hours with Jack. I told him that Jack is already such a cool little guy and I felt really sad that he was missing it all. So we have a plan to get things back in order. Last night he helped change, bathe and feed. He also read stories. Which is huge because he hates to read. I love it so Jack already has a library. I think we get so focused on baby and everything surrounding that, that we forget that we also have to be kind to each other. We are working on a plan to get me out of the house more. Not a done deal but a work in progress. Thanks again

I think we can all be guilty of this one. Glad things are getting on track for you! :)

• It sounds like it went really well. I'm glad that you had a good talk and got everything out on the table. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Way to go! Kudos to you and your husband for identifying the problem and working to fix it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"