TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

I am not pleased with this trend

When someone here gets a BFP you need to write a thread announcing it. I don't care if you're nervous or you want to keep quiet or you're trying not to get too excited. I demand to celebrate for you!!!! Them's the rules.

Seriously, though. I feel like when one of us gets a BFP we have really earned it! We spend a lot of time being supportive of each other during the bad times. We deserve to be happy together during the good times. And there will be cake and there will be balloons and there will be champagne (for everyone but the mother-to-be). I have decreed it!

Re: I am not pleased with this trend

• I didn't want to hurt anyone, that is why I never announced.  B/c I remember the pain of them when I was here.  It's also why I refuse to put a ticker in my siggy.  I love you all too much to rub my BFP in your face. 
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • imagesuntoto:
    I didn't want to hurt anyone, that is why I never announced.  B/c I remember the pain of them when I was here.  It's also why I refuse to put a ticker in my siggy.  I love you all too much to rub my BFP in your face. 

This is me too. Plus, after so many m/c's I hate getting anyone's hope up that this will turn out any different. But on the flip side, I DO like knowing when someone has a BFP because your right, we are all supposed to be here supporting each other and hoping everyone succeeds.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • :: butting in ::

I haven't been on this side of TTCAL for long, so I don't know some of you if you haven't been posting on the regular TTCAL board, however, I instantly felt like this was a "closer knit" group so to speak.  I can see how uber supportive ya'll are.  Maybe specifically b/c it's been 6+ months?  Either way, now that I am in this 6+ category, I feel that seeing BFP's from other women who are in this long journey with me is rewarding, and gives me hope!  I agree, we should celebrate for the ones who graduate.  BTW, congrats girls!  H&H 9 Months to you both!!!

:: butting out :: 

• I totally agree.  This might sound bad, but it does feel differently for me when one of your ladies gets a BFP, then it might for someone who has only been trying a couple of months.  It is almost like you've really "earned" it, for lack of a better term-and it doesn't sting for me like it does otherwise-it truly makes me happy! Loss and IF is a bi**c of a journey and we need to have something to celebrate!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagesuntoto:
    I didn't want to hurt anyone, that is why I never announced.  B/c I remember the pain of them when I was here.  It's also why I refuse to put a ticker in my siggy.  I love you all too much to rub my BFP in your face. 

But some of us live vicariously through our oldies friends' BFPs!

• imagesuntoto:

• imageheathergirl67:

imagesuntoto:

I also don't want to be one who abandons ya'all just b/c there happens to be something in my ute at the moment.  KWIM?  It always hurt when people left and never looked back.  So I am around and post when I have 2 cents to add.  This place was my home for too long so I just can't leave it and stop supporting.  IF and all that other crap just sucks after a loss.  I know.  I remember.  

Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • imagesuntoto:
    imageheathergirl67:

imagesuntoto:

I also don't want to be one who abandons ya'all just b/c there happens to be something in my ute at the moment.  KWIM?  It always hurt when people left and never looked back.  So I am around and post when I have 2 cents to add.  This place was my home for too long so I just can't leave it and stop supporting.  IF and all that other crap just sucks after a loss.  I know.  I remember.  

What 'toto said. All of it. I remember how awful it was seeing other people get their BFPs while I was lucky if I was even treading water. That said, you're completely right Heather. We're close knit and we've been at this for so long that every BFP *does* feel like a victory, and we should celebrate that.

12 long, hard years of TTC-
    Miscarriages, losses, lots of treatments & drugs & IVF

Natural BFP (WTF?!) - 06/04/11 ~ lots of complication and drama, but sweet baby Adele born 02/07/12!

BFP #million -another girl for us! EDD - 05-08-15 (but will come early)

• Ditto Kelin, suntoto and EE. I've stuck to posting on my blog because, as an engineer friend of mine described it, it's more of a "pull" than a "push" method of information dissemination. It's not that I doubt anyone here would be happy for me. In fact, it's because I KNOW they would be, I don't need them to actually say it. (Plus, for us who are more rererecurrent m/c than IF, BFPs start to mean squat and it feels silly)

So, basically, I'm happy to stick around and share any insight or experience I've gained and offer support, but I've always been of the opinion that it's the people with bad news at the top of the priority list for support, people with good news at the bottom. And I apply that to myself too :)
  • imageColindaP:
    So, basically, I'm happy to stick around and share any insight or experience I've gained and offer support, but I've always been of the opinion that it's the people with bad news at the top of the priority list for support, people with good news at the bottom. And I apply that to myself too :)

Ditto and Amen. 

imageimageimage
  • Looks like we are divided on this. I agree with Heather though.  I am getting tired of trolling other boards looking for posts from people and then taking a magnifying glass to people's siggys trying to figure out if they got a BFP.  If we can't agree to post them here, maybe we can determine a code word or something?? How's a girl supposed to know what's going on??

And for the record, I never get tired of seeing BFP's no matter how long I have been here.  They give me hope. But we are all different.

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • I hope I didn't offend anyone when I posted mine.  I was just so excited.  Of course, it didn't work out anyway, so if I get lucky again I may not be in such a rush.  I guess in a way, I wanted all the support in the hopes that all the thoughts and prayers would help things along.  I know it doesn't really work that way, but I guess sometimes we tell ourselves whatever we can to get through the day.  I would never want to hurt anyone on here though.  Never.     
  • Well, for the record: If I ever get another BFP I will announce it. And sky-write it. With a blimp. And there will be parades. Many parades.
  • imagecutebride73:
    I hope I didn't offend anyone when I posted mine.  I was just so excited.  Of course, it didn't work out anyway, so if I get lucky again I may not be in such a rush.  I guess in a way, I wanted all the support in the hopes that all the thoughts and prayers would help things along.  I know it doesn't really work that way, but I guess sometimes we tell ourselves whatever we can to get through the day.  I would never want to hurt anyone on here though.  Never.     

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, Cutebride.  Please don't feel bad.  

imageimageimage
  • imageheathergirl67:
    Well, for the record: If I ever get another BFP I will announce it. And sky-write it. With a blimp. And there will be parades. Many parades.

I think parades would be awesome. Will there be funnel cake too? There better be funnel cake. 

• imageheathergirl67:
    Well, for the record: If I ever get another BFP I will announce it. And sky-write it. With a blimp. And there will be parades. Many parades.

:::comes out of lurking:::

Hello friend.  That will be a happy, happy day indeed. 

Mmm, funnel cake.

:::back to lurking and cheering on oldies:::

• Funnel cake sounds awesome. I realize this is an important insight into the conversation, so I'm just putting it out there.

BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"