April 2011 Moms

If you EBF - what do your nights look like?

And if your baby goes 9 plus hours - just move it right along.. no need to reply and funnel my hate towards you.. ;)

DD had a rough night last night..  up at 12 then 3.. then her arm came out of the swaddle around 5:30 - so had to reswaddle/feed. She's still down though (probably til 8). 

USUALLY though - lately rather, it's been a 4-6 hour stretch, then another 3 hour one. Then another 2 hour.

We are doing one-arm out of the swaddle soon...  I am scared!!!!!!!!!! ALSO must wean her from the bouncer - she sleeps in there after her last feeding, in our room

Re: If you EBF - what do your nights look like?

• Well, we don't swaddle anymore (and I was scared to stop, but it was much easier than anticipated!).  Dd typically goes down around 7 or 8 and sleeps until 2, sometimes 4.  Then, depending on when she woke up last, she's up to eat again at 5 or 6 and typically she's down until 8ish.  So, in my mind, most nights she wakes up once to eat, and sometimes twice (depending on when I get up for the day). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're pretty much the same- down between 8 and 9, then she gets up between 2-3 to eat, then again between 5-6, and up for the day between 7-8. So a 6 hour stretch, followed by 3 hours and then 2. I keep trying to get her to drop the 2 am feed.... but she's not having it. :( The best I've done is gotten her to go till 4, but that was bc she went down later and I don't want that either. So, I've resigned myself that she's not ready yet. I sure am though!
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• Loading the player...
  • i was in the same boat as you  about 6weeks ago.... we got rid of the swaddle and just put her in a sleep sack with her arms free and now she sttn (940- anywhere crom 430-630) ....im not bragging- just explaining what happened once we got rid of the swaddle.  as far as the transition goes... we did it cold turkey from her swing to the pnp... this sat we are moving from the pnp in her nursery to the crib. to sum it up dont be scared of he non swaddle.. you may love the results!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • LO had been sleeping from about 7:30-4:30 and then back down until 7 or so.  Key word of that sentence is HAD.  About two weeks ago, she decided she didn't like that schedule and started trying to wake up around 11:30/12:30, 2:30, 4:30, 6:30.  The last few nights I went in and soothed her at 11:30/12:30, fed her at 2:30, soothed her at 3:30/4:30, fed her at 5:30 and she was up around 7ish. 
  • DD usually nurses around 7, has a bath at 7:30, then lotion massage, jammies, kiss Daddy goodnight and nurses/rocks to sleep around 8. Some nights she wakes up around 1 or 2 to nurse, then is up again around 5:30 to nurse again and falls back to sleep until 7ish. Some nights she skips the earlier feeding and sleeps straight through until 5:30 (9 hours!), but that probably only happens once or twice a week and just started about three weeks ago. And over the past 4-5 days, she's been super difficult to get back to sleep after she wakes/nurses at 5:30ish, so we've had some early mornings lately. We've been swaddle-free for a little over a month and she sleeps in her crib in her room.
  • We nurse from like 5:30-7pm, start bedtime routine around 7:30pm - changing into pj's, lullaby, read a story, then nurse to sleep.  (add in a bath 2-3 times a week).  DD is asleep in her crib in her room by 8:30-9pm.  She wakes up hungry around 1am, hungry again at 4-5am, and then wakes up again around 6-6:30 (when she gets brought into our bed for another light feeding until we get up for the day between 7-7:30am).  I would LOVE for her to drop the 1am feeding.  We just transitioned to the crib 4 days ago but there was absolutely no change in her routine (I had hoped that if she wasn't right next to me she might sleep through the 1am one).  I think we may go back to trying a 5 oz bottle of BM right before bed to see if that helps tide her over.  

Of course, it might just be a waiting game - I have friends who say that 6 months is a big STTN milestone area ....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    bfp 4/8/2010, m/c 4/16/2010
    bfp 7/31/2010, dd born 4/2011
    bfp 2/7/2014, edd 10/19/2014, m/c 2/25/2014
    bfp 5/22/2014, edd 1/27/2015, MMC 6/30/2014, D&C 7/8/2014
  • I nurse at 7:15pm bedtime. Dreamfeed before I go to bed around 10-10:15pm. He's up around 4am to eat, then I wake him at 6:45am before I leave for work to feed him. He then goes back to sleep though til about 8am when he wakes up for the day.  He used to go longer during the night and will still occasionally skip the 4am feed.
  • DS goes down between 9 and 10 usually.  He typically wakes up once to feed, maybe around 4:30.  But it can be as early as 3 or as late as 5:30.  Last night was rough though, up at 2:45, 4:15, 5:30, and 6:15.  So every night is a gamble. 
  • It really just depends.  We were doing much better but have had some rough nights lately.  DS eats at 6:30 pm and is down for the night. He wakes anytime between 12:30 and 3:00 for a feeding and then again around 4:00 and then up for the day at 6:30/7:00.  He has sttn twice on random occasions.  We still swaddle and probably will until he is a bit older.
  • Ha ha, our nights look pretty similar.  DS takes 1, or 3 attempts to go down around 8pm.  Then he usually (well the past 2 nights) gets up at 12ish, and again at 3 or 4.  Up between 6:30-8am for the day. 

Prior to the last two nights he was getting up at 10:30 or 11pm, and I guess I'd consider it a self-imposed dream feed to make myself feel better ;)

Before that, he was sometimes going from 7 or 8hrs between bedtime feed and overnight feed.  WTH happened?  I haven't a clue.

We are doing Operation Swaddle Wean right now.  Accomplished:  1 wk of one arm out.   I should do both arms out tonight, and I am scared!  I think I'll wrap his miracle blanket around his body and leave his arms out.  He'll still feel tucked in, I hope.

If I were doing night weaning from the bouncy and wanting to unswaddle, I think I'd keep him swaddled and sleeping in his crib first.  Once he gets used to the crib, then start working on unswaddling.  Of course if baby is breaking out all the time, you might need to do it the other way around.

GL!! 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • LO *was* sleeping from 11 to 5 or 6.  We were all happy.  Then that all changed.  He started going down at like 9.  Now he wakes up at 1, 3, 5, up at 7 or 8 for the day.  This has been going on for like a month.  Last week I deswaddled, hoping it would help.  It wasn't a problem, went really smoothly, but didn't help him drop a feeding.  I go to bed at 11, so I'm going to try a dreamfeed at 11 to see if that will help at least drop the 1 am feeding. 

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • imageKCKappa:
    DD usually nurses around 7, has a bath at 7:30, then lotion massage, jammies, kiss Daddy goodnight and nurses/rocks to sleep around 8. Some nights she wakes up around 1 or 2 to nurse, then is up again around 5:30 to nurse again and falls back to sleep until 7ish. Some nights she skips the earlier feeding and sleeps straight through until 5:30 (9 hours!), but that probably only happens once or twice a week and just started about three weeks ago. And over the past 4-5 days, she's been super difficult to get back to sleep after she wakes/nurses at 5:30ish, so we've had some early mornings lately. We've been swaddle-free for a little over a month and she sleeps in her crib in her room.

Maybe it's because our girls are around the same age...or because they both have the beautiful name, Violet...but our V is on a VERY similar schedule and has been getting up earlier and/or hard to get back to sleep at the 5am-ish feeding. It makes getting off to work even more difficult! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"