August 2011 Moms
Options

Water breaking experiences?

Hi ladies, I figured I'd post this here.  My doctor's office opens in an hour and I will call them with questions at that point.

Last night, I got severe contractions, but they were always about an hour apart; so, obviously not timeable.  At one point after a contraction, I went to the bathroom and noticed some clear watery discharge slightly tinged with pink.  I put in a liner and went back to bed.

This morning I woke up and when I stood and pulled down my panties, some of said discharge/fluid fell to the ground.  It again was clearish with a pink tinge.  The consistency of the fluid isn't like water, but a bit more slippery (if that makes sense?).

What did you water breaking look like?  Is it literally like water or is there a consistency to it?  Again, I plan on calling my doctor's office shortly, but was looking for personal water breaking experiences.

Thank you!

Laura
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Water breaking experiences?

• Options

For me, my water broke with DD and it was like water running down my legs. It was a gush.

Yours sounds like it may be some sort of discharge.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My water also broke as a huge gush.  And continuously gushed and gushed!  You could have a slow leak though so if you're concerned, just call your Dr.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been having this for almost a week.  I figured it was my mucus plug coming out slowly or just extra discharge combined with spotting from my internal last week..
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was a small gush, then nothing but maybe a trickle. It is water not discharge. Sounds like your body is gearing up to do something soon!
  • Options
    When my water broke with my 1st dd, I was in bed asleep and heard a pop.  Then I felt a little bit of water come out.  I got out of bed and took a couple of steps before it gushed out. 
    imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    My water broke last week and it happened when I stood up out of bed. I was walking to the bathroom and before I got to the bathroom 10 steps away my panties were soaking wet. It was clear.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    this sounds like you lost your MP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"