Alabama Babies

Teething

My LO is teething. We got our first tooth on Sunday and the doctor said there is another one about to come through. What did you do for your LO? He's been so upset and it breaks my heart.

Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers

Re: Teething

• Frozen fruit or ice chips in the mesh feeder was our most successful method with A.  I think I was fortunate in that she popped 4 teeth at a time, and until she started cutting 1 year molars teething wasn't too bad for her.  Overall chewing on stuff seemed to be most beneficial because I guess it helped get the tooth to pop through..once it was through she was much better off.  I hope he feels better soon!
  • Pretty sure N is teething right now, too. It hasn't been too too bad so far, but he is chewing stuff like crazy and getting super cranky from lack of good naps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • DS has his first tooth as well. I have tried the cool teethers, though he never keeps though for long, and a cool washcloth. DS usually just likes chewing on certain toys and his pacifier. I have bought a natural version of orajel, that doesn't contain benzocaine (the ingredient implicated in the recent warning.) It's in a yellow box. I haven't used it yet, though.

Hope he feels better soon! When DS first started teething, it really bothered him for a few days but then really improved. Hope you find something that works well for him.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We used baby orajel.

Although DD seemed to get several teeth at once, it didn't seem to bother her all that much. Generally she wouldn't fuss, although she did wake more at night when she was teething.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• We bought a vibrating teether at Target.  C still chews on it when she is cutting a new tooth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Thanks! Now to try some of your suggestions.
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"