Health & Exercise

sore muscles?

Help! I have been working out regularly but did a bunch of weights on Friday and then did some very heavy (post construction) cleaning and organizing and my arms are so sore. It really hurts to lift them to drink or anything.  What do you do for sore muscles? Any remedies?

Re: sore muscles?

• Agreed.  A mild pain reliever, some gentle stretching, heat, and rest.  Protein sounds good, too.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Give it three days...  I'm a competitive lifter and if I'm not sore it means I didn't train hard enough...  But in all seriousness, take it easy on those muscle groups, keep them stretched out and yourself hydrated along with not working them say tomorrow...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Water, try and get to a sauna and stretch to eliminate the lactic acid build up and eat bananas for potassium.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but heat can actually do more harm than good.  Your muscles hurt because they're inflammed, and heat increases inflamation.  Aside from pain relievers and hydration, there's not a whole lot you can do after the fact.  Next time, be sure to stretch thoroughly afterward! 

ps, I'm a certified personal trainer and group exercise instructor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"