Baby Names

Corny or Cute?

My hubby and I met in Al-anon meetings as teenagers. They always talked about having serenity. As adults, DH always jokingly says Serenity Now in different situations. We feel that it might be a good MN if this baby is a girl.

Possibly Ava Serenity Wi***s

WDYT?

On another note, did anyone see the episode of Toddlers and Tiarras were the little girls name was "Saryniti" OMG!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Corny or Cute?

• I wouldn't want to associate my child with past drinking problems and now it's part of a joke in your house...  If you did want to her name to reflect how you met I would use Serena or look for another name with similar meaning.
  • I would not use Serenity as the MN.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageces25c:
    I wouldn't want to associate my child with past drinking problems and now it's part of a joke in your house...  If you did want to her name to reflect how you met I would use Serena or look for another name with similar meaning.

Actually, no drinking problem. Al-Anon is a suppost group for people that deal with addicts. It would come from the way we survived it. Keep your snarky comments to yourself unless you know..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't like it.

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSunshine is mine:

imageces25c:
    I wouldn't want to associate my child with past drinking problems and now it's part of a joke in your house...  If you did want to her name to reflect how you met I would use Serena or look for another name with similar meaning.

Actually, no drinking problem. Al-Anon is a suppost group for people that deal with addicts. It would come from the way we survived it. Keep your snarky comments to yourself unless you know..

That might not have been meant as a snarky comment, maybe just a personal opinion.

In any case, my personal opinion is that I think Serenity would be a great middle name.  I think it has a great meaning for you, and could mean a lot to her as well.  My grandparents were both alcoholics, and my dad raised us on a lot of Al-anon sayings, let go and let God was one of his favorites- I think from Al-anon.  So for me, I understand the meaning and think it would be great. 

• I think it's sweet -- love middle names with personal meaning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSunshine is mine:

imageces25c:

I wasn't trying to be snarky so I'm really sorry it came off that way.  I wasn't trying to accuse you of being the addict, but the name is tied to painful memories.  I like that it symbolizes survival but I cannot picture that without remembering the negative all the way to rock bottom, too.  The negative and painful memories are something I wouldn't want associated with my child.

The part about it being a joke and using an alternate name was only based off of your husband saying "Serenity Now!" all the time.  I wonder about her dad laughing over her name when she is too young to be in on the joke. 

• Serenity is a very pretty name.  I'd go for it...
    TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
    1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
    Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I think it is gorgeous!
  • I think it's lovely.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageces25c:
    imageSunshine is mine:

imageces25c:

I wasn't trying to be snarky so I'm really sorry it came off that way.  I wasn't trying to accuse you of being the addict, but the name is tied to painful memories.  I like that it symbolizes survival but I cannot picture that without remembering the negative all the way to rock bottom, too.  The negative and painful memories are something I wouldn't want associated with my child.

The part about it being a joke and using an alternate name was only based off of your husband saying "Serenity Now!" all the time.  I wonder about her dad laughing over her name when she is too young to be in on the joke. 

My thoughts exactly. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSunshine is mine:

imageces25c:

I'm so glad you said something because I was about to! Sounds like Serenity holds meaning for both you and your husband, so if you're both for it, I say use it. It's a lovely name.

~ Married 14 years and counting ~
    Chandler 11/2000 ~ Bronwyn 6/2002 ~ Grayson 3/2010 ~ Matilda/Till 6/2012
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BFP 10/20/11 ::sticky dust::
    BFP 9/11/11 - m/c 9/25/11 5w5d
  • I think it sounds nice, and has a good meaning behind it.
  • It has a special meaning to you and your husband, and that is what matter most!

• Beautiful name and the meaning of it for the two of you makes it even more beautiful.   
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Love the meaning behind the name! I too grew up with an addict and know how painful the lifestyle is. Your DD having this name will allow for healing as well as possible learning experiences later!

• oy i don't think i would want to put that on my child. she'll ask you what it means when she's old enough and you'll have to tell her. i don't think it's a good idea.
  • I think Ava Serenity is beautiful, and I love that it has meaning.  However, if you use it, I'd stop using the word "serenity" jokingly.
    Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • it makes a very pretty middle name :)

there was a little girl in this one pregnant mom's group I went to her first name was Serenity

• NMS.
    -----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • I think it's really pretty.

• I like it.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I think it's great!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Yes I really like it. Ava Serenity is a beautiful name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"