April 2011 Moms

woah, riots!! (NBR)

We are luckily not near where any of the riots here in England are taking place, but I am completely shocked at what is taking place throughout the country! We live in a small town so I don't think we will see much of this but I am worried one of the bigger cities near us where DH works will start to see rioting soon if this keeps up. They have suspended national bus services into several cities and the city where my in-laws live has also seen rioting. We had planned to spend the day in London with LO on Saturday, but we will have to cancel that trip now, for sure. Hopefully the police can get control of the situation soon--it's absolutely disgusting what is taking place here. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: woah, riots!! (NBR)

• I find it sad that these "thugs" who are rioting and saying its about the  poverty (this is what we are seeing over here in the states) that they are the same "thugs" walking around with $300 smart phones, $50 hoodies and $100 sneakers. It makes no sense.  I have family and friends over there and they are disgusted too.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Totally agree, GHBEA! I really hate that they are trying to politicize these riots--it really is nothing more than greed and criminal behavior. The riots apparently did hit the city where DH works overnight, which is worrying since we are only 20 minutes away from there. Hopefully we have seen the worst! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have a friend studying abroad for grad school in London and they have been advised not to leave their dorms.  It's scary and so sad.  Hope it stays far from you and your family. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"