April 2011 Moms
Options

Suddenly 3 feedings at night

I am going to get right to the point. I can barley get 3 ounces into DS during the day - was drinking 6. No biggy he is a big boy and big bro did the same thing....but... the last two night he has woken at 11, 2 and 5 to eat. He guzzles them down he is so hungry. Also last night he was a mess from 2 - 5 am because he was still hungry. During the day I try everything to get more into him but not working. Anyone else going through this ??? Any tips?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

Re: Suddenly 3 feedings at night

• Options
    I am confused, if he was up from 2-5 still hungry did you give him more to eat?  I don't really have any advice because I have been doing at least 3 feedings a night since he was born with no sign of stopping anytime soon.
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options
    Is he almost four months old or just turned four months old? 4 month olds are notorious for being easily distracted during the day and want to make up for their feedings at night. Sounds like your DS is just more easily distracted than his big brother, which isn't uncommon, especially if big bro is running through the house being interesting around the little one during the day. You might want to try feeding him during the day in a quiet, dark room and see if he takes more then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageo hiostategal:
    I am confused, if he was up from 2-5 still hungry did you give him more to eat?  I don't really have any advice because I have been doing at least 3 feedings a night since he was born with no sign of stopping anytime soon.

He had a 2am feeding and about an hour later wanted more. I feed him another 5 ounces at 4am.

He was sleeping until 1:30 or 2am and then would eat again around 4:30-5ish. He has only being doing 2 feedings a night since about 4 weeks. I guess your LO is still doing 3 feedings thanks for your input.

• Options

imagevanfox:
    Is he almost four months old or just turned four months old? 4 month olds are notorious for being easily distracted during the day and want to make up for their feedings at night. Sounds like your DS is just more easily distracted than his big brother, which isn't uncommon, especially if big bro is running through the house being interesting around the little one during the day. You might want to try feeding him during the day in a quiet, dark room and see if he takes more then.

Tried the other room. But I think you are right Big Bro is a huge distraction for him. Hopefully it works itself out soon. I am beat.

• Options
    I feel for you. I'm in the same boat. I'm exhausted.
  • Options

imagejag101:
    I feel for you. I'm in the same boat. I'm exhausted.

ditto. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"