April 2011 Moms

PSA Don't forget to give your fur-babies lots of love!

Okay, *please* don't flame me on this one the way some other people have been flamed on pet-related posts. I feel bad enough about what happened.

Yesterday, my dog Emily escaped from our yard when she was out playing with our other dogs Cleo and Kip. We have a fenced in yard and live in a really small town where if your dog escapes, your neighbors bring it back. In our town, the police station is also the dog pound, so you can call the police number and find out if they have your dog, so it's not like a HUGE city and if your dog escapes, you will never see it again. (The police actually know my friends' dog Bo, and will just call and say, "Hey, we have Bo here" for an example of how small-town this is.)

Anyway, I think Emily was looking for more attention since we've had Liam. (Our dogs usually spend a few hours a day playing outside in the yard since we've had him.) Emily ended up at a neighbor's house, but it's an older neighbor who has Alzheimer's and didn't know how to find Emily's owner. This morning the teenage boy who helps her out came and brought Emily to me. But I was sooo upset, I looked for her late last night and early-early this morning. I called the police, an animal shelter, etc. I'm so glad to have her back! I actually burst out crying when the boy brought her to my door.

Today, everyone is getting updated pet tags, and we're going to make it a point to pay extra attention to everyone. Emily had her collar and tags off because she'd had a bath, and we hadn't gotten around to getting new tags with our new cell numbers. I'm fixing that IMMEDIATELY.

Please keep paying attention to your fur-babies, so they don't go looking for it elsewhere!

Here's a pic of Emily. She looks quite a bit older now, but that's my girl :-) Emily

MacAndCheese
Mac and cheese lover!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PSA Don't forget to give your fur-babies lots of love!

• No flames from me. I know exactly what you mean I had a hard time in the beginning with giving our dog enough attention. But now I'm doing better and when my DD is playing on her activity mat I can sit on the floor with the dog and the baby.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers Daisypath Christmas tickers
  • My dog wouldn't "speak" to me when DS was born, but we are okay now. I am so worried about him getting out, but he is such a baby I don't think he would go far. So scary when something like that happens. Glad she is okay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Aww. I'm glad you got her back safely. How scary.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • I'm glad she's home safe.

We have an 8-ft. fence in the backyard, w/ padlocked gates, and my dog has managed to escape a few times when someone didn't attach the lock (she can open the gate release, which is supposed to be "dog proof." Hence the locks.). I'm lucky in that she always just goes to the front door and barks to come in, but I still feel like the world's worst pet owner when it happens.

I've become obssessive in regards to the locks; I would go crazy if something to happened to that dog.

• No flames here either. Our dog is very aloof and never wanted a lot of attention pre-baby but now that she's here she has definitely been acting different. She began digging under the fence and was getting out. We're trying to give her a lot more attention and make sure she knows we love her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've never "lost" my baby, but i've lost my furbabies for short periods of time and its the WORST feeling ever (probably 2nd to missing real baby)

Glad she's home safe!

• I'd have been freaking out too! So glad to hear she is home safe. I'm also obsessive about locking our gates, to the point of having padlocks on both sides of our house in case the neighbors happen to open a gate. It makes my stomach churn to think of either of my pups out by themselves. I know our cocker baby is feeling a little neglected, as she has always been our "baby," I'm going to give her an extra snuggle tonight.
  • Glad she is home safe.

My middle DDs cat who never goes out side got out some how and we haven't seen him in a few days she is so upset.  Her last cat my mom let out side (another indoor cat) got hit and killed by a car. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How scary for you guys! So glad you got your furbaby back though! Our cat escaped about a month ago and thankfully came back a few hours later, but I know exactly how you were feeling. Pets are family members too and I have been trying to give our cat and dog as much attention as possible. Glad your post had a happy ending for sure!
  • Thanks, Everyone!

GHBEA, I'm so sorry about your daughter's kitties! I hope the missing one comes back soon safe and sound!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• My heart flipped over at this post Shaindel. No flames here!

I dont know if you remember but a couple months ago I posted about my sweet Oscar being catnapped from our yard after getting out one night, and the gigantic series of mishaps that followed at the SPCA and vets office resulted in him being put down before we had a chance to get him.I still think about him every day, and often cry because I miss him so much.

I am so glad things worked out for you, and you have your furry friend back

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"