April 2011 Moms

S/O rolling question

It seems that everyone's LO is rolling.  Is mine the only one who hasn't hit that milestone yet? He does well with tummy time, but doesn't really make any effort to roll tummy to back.  He is getting completely on his side when he's on his back, but doesn't actually roll over to his tummy. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O rolling question

• My LO is almost 4 months and he only rolls onto his side from his back. I don't know how old your LO is, But I'm not really worried about my guy.

I don't know if that makes you feel better or not  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS rolled tummy to back for a few weeks and now doesn't anymore. He's not rolled from back to tummy at all. He's so busy trying to figure out how to crawl I've decided I think he just finds rolling boring lol. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Dd sometimes rolls tummy to back when she wants.  Today she rolled back to tummy for the first time.  She's four months.  Ds didn't roll tummy to back until 6 months and really never significantly rolled back to tummy.  (like he must have been a year or something)  he's a normal 2.5 year old now.  I'm not worried!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO is 4 months and not rolling yet.  Just this weekend he started rolling onto his side from his back.  It will happen eventually. Don't worry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Drew wasn't consistently rolling both ways until 6 months old.  Three months later he was walking...

Don't worry - there is a huge range of normal and when it happens really doesn't mean much at all!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No, my little guy isn't really rolling either.  :(  He has rolled back to front accidentally a few times.  But he's not doing it consistently, and when we're doing tummy time he doesn't even attempt to roll.  He's more interested in eating his hands.  It's frustrating.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Liam only rolls from his back to his side. When I put him on his tummy he either cries or tries to crawl. He really likes it when you hold him so he can stand. I think he has come close to rolling, but I think he will be moving before rolling at this pace!
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS was born in early May (due date was April), so he may be a little younger but he has not rolled. He will only tolerate tummy time for a couple minutes before getting upset. When he's on his back, he rolls over to the side, but can't get past his arms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have one that rolls and one that doesn't. Owen just started rolling just over a week ago. He can roll from his back to his tummy and back again and will choose to roll to his tummy to sleep (he napped that way for 2 hours today). Amelia is close to rolling but hasn't quite figured out how to get her arm out of the way yet. I'm sure it will happen for your little one soon enough.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • imagemaddiehohn:
    DS was born in early May (due date was April), so he may be a little younger but he has not rolled. He will only tolerate tummy time for a couple minutes before getting upset. When he's on his back, he rolls over to the side, but can't get past his arms.

Ditto, except Beaker was born mid-April.  Kiddo #2 didn't roll back-tummy until almost 9 months, tummy-back at 6 months.  And he's a fearless, capable little mover now.   

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"