April 2011 Moms
Options

If this is your last baby...

How are you feeling now that they are out of that newborn stage? I know this is it for us (a small part of me would love a 3rd, but I know two is it and best for us), so while I am so excited for all the new things he's starting to do, I'm also so sad that my last baby is getting big, and I look at my other son and realize DS2 will be that big soon! We're going to try giving him food soon, which he seems so ready for, and I think that's a big one for me because it marks the end of his mama being his exclusive food source. And I feel like the time is flying by so much faster this time around. DS2 is such a happy, wonderful baby. I'm just trying to relish every minute of the wonderful baby stage. But I do get a little emotional sometimes looking at him sleeping and knowing I won't be looking at a baby like this again until I have grandchildren someday!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If this is your last baby...

• Options
    I am so glad to be out of the newborn stage! Not gonna miss it! I'm excited for the new things to come.
  • Options
    We are having aleast 3. I have always wanted three and honestly I am feeling like I want to start trying now. DH is onboard. I think I will wait though until E is 6 months. DS#1 is 3 years old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DH and I are both torn between 2 and 3 kids.  OP - all the things you mentioned about finding it hard to believe this will be the last baby, that makes me lean towards three kids.  As much as I don't particularly care for the newborn stage, it's hard to imagine that I'll never do it again. 

If we do have a third I definitely want some more space in between.  Once the kiddos are a little older we'll see if I get baby fever or feel like it's better to just stick with two!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I know how you are feeling.  This is likely our last baby (we haven't completely closed down the possibility of a 4th, but chances are good this is it for us) and I'm struggling with how quickly she's growing out of the newborn phase.  I want to slow down time!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same way you do, OP!  I often look at DS1 and get sad that DS2 will soon be that big.  Heck, he is getting so big already!  Also, like you, it seems that Gabe's babyhood is flying by so much faster than Jeremy's.  After my C/S with Gabriel I got my tubes tied so I know there is no way we are having more kids and I get sad about that sometimes.  But, at the same time, I know I could never be a mom of three or more.
    Proud mom to Jeremy (10/24/08) and Gabriel (4/25/11)
  • Options
    I don't particularly dislike the newborn stage. Pregnancy, however, I am not a fan of. I still don't want more biological children.
    Old nestie, new name: formerly ckolak:-)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Mama's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird
  • Options
    imageNanna:
    I know how you are feeling.  This is likely our last baby (we haven't completely closed down the possibility of a 4th, but chances are good this is it for us) and I'm struggling with how quickly she's growing out of the newborn phase.  I want to slow down time!
    This times two. I wasn't expecting to be done having kids already. I expected to have a third pregnancy to get our third child. My body threw a wrench into those plans. We haven't done anything permanent yet (my OB offered to tie my tubes while she was in there but I declined) but unless we come into a large sum of money and decide we're crazy enough to want to try again, we're pretty sure this is it. We're still waiting a few years before making the decision and if we still feel the same way, then H will go get taken care of. I have the Mirena IUD so we have until 2016 to make the decision since that is when I'll need to have it removed/replaced.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"