April 2011 Moms

Breastfeeding - 4 month growth spurt

Anyone else dealing with a cluster feeding monster right now? LO has been eating almost every hour ... tons of wet diapers so it shouldn't be a supply issue. I think my nipples let out a sigh of relief when LO went to bed tonight... ouch.

She's been rolling over this week and "talking" up a storm. I just read this on kellymom.com and sounds like the 4 month growth spurt for sure. My sympathy to anyone else's nipples going through this right now!

During a growth spurt, breastfed babies nurse more often than usual (sometimes as often as every hour) and often act fussier than usual. Babies often exhibit the same type of behavior (increased nursing with or without increased fussiness) when they are working on developmental advances such as rolling over, crawling, walking or talking. Mom's milk is for growing the brain as well as the body!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Breastfeeding - 4 month growth spurt

• Right there with you. I can handle the crazy BFing demands, but I really hope the fussiness is a phase he outgrows quickly. I'm tired of hearing him scream bloody murder everytime something isn't exactly how he wants it right that second. It's like he forgot how to fuss and work up to crying, he now goes straight to shrieking. /sigh
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Right there with you. I have the baby who "talks" while eating too, so he's all, "Unnnng unnnng mmmmk mmmmmk" while nursing or smiling up at me while drooling breastmilk. So cute, but so messy.  
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have twins, so I basically fed one or the other of them from 6:30-10:30 pm last night.  Ouch is right!
  • Yeah, 4 months has like a billion things going on at once. There's the growth spurt, the wakeful, a bunch of physical leaps, and a mental milestone where they learn to string events together. We'll be lucky if we all survive this month. :D

imageshaindelr:
    Right there with you. I have the baby who "talks" while eating too, so he's all, "Unnnng unnnng mmmmk mmmmmk" while nursing or smiling up at me while drooling breastmilk. So cute, but so messy.  

Ugh, me too. My husband was laughing at me last night because Nate was nursing and talking and I kept saying, "Don't talk with your mouth full!" Then I'd just get a baby grin around a nipple for my troubles.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm happy to hear that I'm not alone - my DD is hungry all day long, leaving me with the feeling that all I do is BF!
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagevanfox:

Yeah, 4 months has like a billion things going on at once. There's the growth spurt, the wakeful, a bunch of physical leaps, and a mental milestone where they learn to string events together. We'll be lucky if we all survive this month. :D 

Glad I am not alone in this, good luck ladies Wink

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"