Oregon Babies

Breaking the news!

So I have a bit of a dilema that I've been stressing out about! I'm overjoyed about being pregnant. Granted morning sickness pretty much sucks, but hopefully that will pass.... My problem is I haven't told anybody in my family. My mom and step dad dislike my babys father very much! I was pregnant in february and needless to say that my mom was more than disappointed, but ended up miscarrying a month later.

I want to wait til I'm twelve weeks to be out of the "danger zone" but I'm afraid that if I don't tell her soon that I'll end up calling from the hospital telling her I'm in labor instead... Any ideas on how to break the news to her?

Re: Breaking the news!

• No matter if you are struggling with how to tell family/friends about your baby, I personally would wait until after 12 weeks. It is perfectly normal and a lot of people do it because of the chances of miscarriage. I think once that time period has passed, you can only decide when is a good time to tell family/friends. Though, I would stay away from email/facebook/internet. It is not very personal and even in rocky relationships can be taken wrong. I would go to a public place, coffee house, restaurant and mention to them towards the middle to end of the meal. That way if things are going bad, you can pay quickly and leave.

Good luck!

• I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage.  That must have been so hard. 

I agree about waiting to tell until after you are 12 weeks. I also have had a miscarriage and having to tell everyone that knows that I lost the pregnancy was very hard. If I had it to do again?  I would absolutely wait till 12 weeks.

As for what to tell your mom?  Only you know what to say.  Be honest.  She doesn't have to like the baby daddy, but she will still love your child, her grandchild.

Hope everything goes well, and Congratulations!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies! It's nice to know someone reads these things! I think I've been over thinking it a bit! =) Hopefully it goes well enough!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"