April 2011 Moms

STTN - WWYD?

So last night was DD's first night in her crib.  The good news was that she didn't seem to notice the change in venue, the bad news was she kept the exact same routine she has been - down around 8pm-9pm, up at 1am, up at 3am, up at 5am - eating each time and then right back to sleep.

Now, the only reason I tried the crib is that I was hoping she might change her schedule (really, I just want her to drop the 1am feeding!)  We have also tried doing a bottle of bm right before bed previously but that didn't have any impact either.

My question is, should I keep at it with the crib now or just wait another month or so?  (Her normal spot to sleep is in a co-sleeper next to our bed)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
bfp 4/8/2010, m/c 4/16/2010
bfp 7/31/2010, dd born 4/2011
bfp 2/7/2014, edd 10/19/2014, m/c 2/25/2014
bfp 5/22/2014, edd 1/27/2015, MMC 6/30/2014, D&C 7/8/2014

Re: STTN - WWYD?

• I am no expert, but I think if you want her to drop a feeding, having her away from you will better accomplish that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • have you tried just giving her a paci when she wakes up? it seems to work for my little guy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would stick with it and see if things change. When she finally does start STTN, you'll be even more reluctant to make any changes that could throw her off. Good luck!
  • Can you send your dh in instead?  LIke pp said, it's possible she'll take a pacifier, but much more likely that she'll take it from him than you.
  • Unfortunately, she seems to really hate the pacifier.  I did have her in the crib last night and will continue her there though ... we'll see if there is any change in the coming weeks!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    bfp 4/8/2010, m/c 4/16/2010
    bfp 7/31/2010, dd born 4/2011
    bfp 2/7/2014, edd 10/19/2014, m/c 2/25/2014
    bfp 5/22/2014, edd 1/27/2015, MMC 6/30/2014, D&C 7/8/2014
  • Do you have a nightime/bedtime routine?  DD wasn't sleeping through the night until I started a routine and now it seems to signal in her that it is time for bed.  This is our routine: 7:30 - bath, 8:00 - book, 8:15 - bottle, 8:30 - sleep in crib.  She will sleep from 8:30 to 5:30
  • I don't think the two are related. If you're ready to move her into her crib, I would stick with it. Back and forth is going to be more confusing for her, so now that you've made the move, and she seemed fine with it, what would be the benefit to moving her back into your room?

Where she sleeps doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not she needs a feeding at 1 am.

ETA: DD has been sleeping in her crib in her own room since week 4. She progressed to STTN or with one waking, but I don't think it's because she's in her crib in her own room. It's just where she was when she outgrew the need for the other feedings.

I, however, sleep loads better now that we have our room back to just us. And the dog. God bless the AngelCare monitor.

• I would do what gets me more sleep for now. If she's not ready to drop a feed, it might be better for you to have her close by so you don't have to get up and go to her room 3x/night
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"